IGNORED

Doss Teardrop Spotlights

I purchased a set of the Doss Teardrop spotlights with built in amber parking light / turn signal. The parking light / turn signal is LED. The turn signal works fine, although it flashes a bit fast, but with my stock rear turn signals all is still fine. That said, the parking light does not work when wired to my stock parking light wiring. Does anyone have experience with these? I am sure my stock parking light wiring has power both through my test light and it will light the LED when wired through the LED turn signal feed. Help?

While I dont have an answer for you on the wiring issue I do have another question. I was thinking of getting those same lights. Best price I found was 179 bucks with free shipping. Now, do these lights come with the spotlight bulb or are they just a shell? Also, what type of bulb is in there? Is it a 4-1/2" lamps (also known as PAR36 lamps)?

Now that im thinking about it, I dont believe the front signal lights act as a parking light normally. Something to do with the switch maybe. Im sure someone here will chime in soon.

Thanks.

I believe the spots are 4" not 4.5", but I will measure when I get home tonight. The turn signal / parking light is LED. So I have the more rapid flashing going on, I have the standard rear turn signal bulb. I understand how to fix that if I choose to do so. There is an additional wire coming from the led and the wiring diagram shows this as a "maker light", then with a different wire as the "turn signal". I connected this marker light wire to my parking light wire on the bike, nothing. If I hook the turn signal wire to the bikes parking light wire, then both LED's light up very bright. I purchased a three fuse panel with a relay, connected the relay to a switched wire and put a small toggle in the gas tank cowl so that the relay is activated with the key switch, and I can toggle the spots off if I choose to do that. My plan is to run with them all of the time. I will post a photo. I started out with these with the spotlight up, which I think is the intention of the designer. This put them a little high and using the RSTD light bar, also placed the a bit in front of the headlight. It looked a little goofy. So, I turned them upside down so they look like a raindrop shop with the LED on top. I like this a lot better. Then, I got a piece of black lexan and cut a set of lower wind deflectors out of that, sanding the edges, etc. so that there is that as a black back drop to these lowered lights. The black also blends in nicely with the black lower fairings on my bike (Blue / Black paint combo 2008). My wife just ordered me the black radiator grill cover for my birthday. So I am hoping that finishes off the front end look that I am seeking.

quote: There is an additional wire coming from the led and the wiring diagram shows this as a "maker light", then with a different wire as the "turn signal". I connected this marker light wire to my parking light wire on the bike, nothing. If I hook the turn signal wire to the bikes parking light wire, then both LED's light up very bright.:quote

Maybe the wires are mismarked and need switchin?:confused24: Generally the parking lights are dimmer and the when the turn signal is applied they turn brighter. Just a thought to check out.

Larry