IGNORED

Guess the toy...win a patch and decal

Freebird

Just a fun little contest for all of you. I picked up a new toy this weekend. Really got it for Eileen as she recently saw one and fell in love with it.

I'm going to post a picture or two a day until somebody correctly guesses what it is. The first one to correctly identify the new toy wins a small VentureRider patch and a VentureRider domed decal.

So...without further ado, here is the first clue.

Well, I'll try to get her to post later but I promise you that this is her baby. She hasn't seen it yet though. I found in in Pennsylvania over the weekend. I am here on business this week and went by yesterday to check it out and made the deal. I called and told her that it was hers and she is about as excited as I have seen her in a long time. Her brother is driving her to PA today to pick it up. I talked to her a little while ago and she told me that she was so excited that she had been up since 5:00.

Those of you who know Eileen KNOW that she doesn't do 5:00 for much of anything.

Anyway, she is supposed to meet me at the dealership around noon. It is supposed to be all detailed and ready to go. It's far from new. It's a 2004 model with 31,000 miles. According to the CarFax, it came here recently from San Antonio. Appears to be in excellent condition.

For those who are not familiar with the Crossfire. It was only made for about 4 years. It was imported by Chrysler from Germany during the time that they were owned by Daimler. It has the Mercedes engine that was in the SLK Roadster. The tranny and all underpinnings are also Mercedes. The body was made by Karmman in Germany also.

One cool little feature is an automatic real spoiler that raises at speeds above 60 MPH. It can also be raised manually from a toggle switch on the console.

Most of the road tests that I read were very favorable. Some complained that it was slightly lacking in power but I sure didn't feel that way when I drove it. Very responsive and the 5 speed auto tranny is awesome. Had it been for me, I would have looked for a 6 speed but most of the reviewers actually preferred the auto in this car.

One negative is the price of tires. It has good tires and I don't think we will put that many miles on it but it has low profile 19" tires on the rear and 18" on the front. I read that they are about $1,000.00 per set. :doh:

Well hack Craig...you took ALL the fun out of this. How the heck did you get that so quickly? OK...PM me your address and I'll get your winnings to you. :clap2:

Man I didn't get in on this one fast enough. I own a 2005 Crossfire coupe. We love it and can let the top down which is the next best thing to a motorcycle.

Well, I'll try to get her to post later but I promise you that this is her baby. She hasn't seen it yet though. I found in in Pennsylvania over the weekend. I am here on business this week and went by yesterday to check it out and made the deal. I called and told her that it was hers and she is about as excited as I have seen her in a long time. Her brother is driving her to PA today to pick it up. I talked to her a little while ago and she told me that she was so excited that she had been up since 5:00.

Those of you who know Eileen KNOW that she doesn't do 5:00 for much of anything.

Anyway, she is supposed to meet me at the dealership around noon. It is supposed to be all detailed and ready to go. It's far from new. It's a 2004 model with 31,000 miles. According to the CarFax, it came here recently from San Antonio. Appears to be in excellent condition.

For those who are not familiar with the Crossfire. It was only made for about 4 years. It was imported by Chrysler from Germany during the time that they were owned by Daimler. It has the Mercedes engine that was in the SLK Roadster. The tranny and all underpinnings are also Mercedes. The body was made by Karmman in Germany also.

One cool little feature is an automatic real spoiler that raises at speeds above 60 MPH. It can also be raised manually from a toggle switch on the console.

Most of the road tests that I read were very favorable. Some complained that it was slightly lacking in power but I sure didn't feel that way when I drove it. Very responsive and the 5 speed auto tranny is awesome. Had it been for me, I would have looked for a 6 speed but most of the reviewers actually preferred the auto in this car.

One negative is the price of tires. It has good tires and I don't think we will put that many miles on it but it has low profile 19" tires on the rear and 18" on the front. I read that they are about $1,000.00 per set. :doh:

Check out Discount Tire Direct on the internet. Tires are very reasonable and free shipping. I buy all my tires there and have them shipped to my house.

Check out www.discounttiredirect.com

Whole set for 678.00 with free shipping.

Well hack Craig...you took ALL the fun out of this. How the heck did you get that so quickly? OK...PM me your address and I'll get your winnings to you. :clap2:

Sorry about that:doh: One of my customers has a silver Crossfire, I have always loved the looks of that car and pretty much know every square inch of that beauty! I am trying to figure out how the heck you even climbed in that baby to take it for a test ride:rasberry: Bet thats gonna be Dylans sat. nite "wheels" Hope you have great luck with her, she is a beauty, the cars nice too!:big-grin-emoticon:

Craig

Well the working man does not have a chance. I just got in and sat down here, and turned the computer on. Shucks I thought I had this one. But I was wrong anyway. I thought it was a Corvette. but sounds like I was close. Nice ride Freebird, I am glad for you all. Wonder what kinda fuel mileage you get with these babies ?

Fuzzy :thumbsup2:

Check out www.discounttiredirect.com

Whole set for 678.00 with free shipping.

Thanks. I'll keep them in mind. Luckily it has what looks like almost new tires on it. When my wife met me in PA to pick it up, I told her to not get too excited because due to the price of tires, she could only drive it once a year. :)

Sorry about that:doh: One of my customers has a silver Crossfire, I have always loved the looks of that car and pretty much know every square inch of that beauty! I am trying to figure out how the heck you even climbed in that baby to take it for a test ride:rasberry: Bet thats gonna be Dylans sat. nite "wheels" Hope you have great luck with her, she is a beauty, the cars nice too!:big-grin-emoticon:

Craig

There isn't much room in them that's for sure. I was surprised though that once I got in it and the seat put all the way back, I was actually quite comfortable. Yes, Dylan has already made some suggestions to Eileen about how he might be able to make use of it.

Well the working man does not have a chance. I just got in and sat down here, and turned the computer on. Shucks I thought I had this one. But I was wrong anyway. I thought it was a Corvette. but sounds like I was close. Nice ride Freebird, I am glad for you all. Wonder what kinda fuel mileage you get with these babies ?

Fuzzy :thumbsup2:

Well, time will tell and I'm sure it depends upon how you drive it. It is rated 17 city and 27 highway. For some reason, Eileen always seems to get better gas mileage out of our vehicles than I do.

One other thing that I noticed last night while looking at some specs online. They recommend synthetic oil, which I always use anyway. BUT...this thing takes 8.5 quarts of oil. Now any of you who know me know that I always use Mobil 1...but at over $8.00 per quart X 8.5 quarts PLUS the filter? :scared:

One other thing that I noticed last night while looking at some specs online. They recommend synthetic oil, which I always use anyway. BUT...this thing takes 8.5 quarts of oil. Now any of you who know me know that I always use Mobil 1...but at over $8.00 per quart X 8.5 quarts PLUS the filter? :scared:

What's $65 or $70 for oil for a $35,000/$40,000 car? I'm sure you treat your motorcycle to the best also. If you don't let her wear out the tires you can spend all that extra cash on a couple of oil changes a year.

Well, time will tell and I'm sure it depends upon how you drive it. It is rated 17 city and 27 highway. For some reason, Eileen always seems to get better gas mileage out of our vehicles than I do.

One other thing that I noticed last night while looking at some specs online. They recommend synthetic oil, which I always use anyway. BUT...this thing takes 8.5 quarts of oil. Now any of you who know me know that I always use Mobil 1...but at over $8.00 per quart X 8.5 quarts PLUS the filter?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds good Freebird. I like Synthetic Mobil 1 also. I get mine in the 5 qt jugs at Wally-World for $24.00 something a jug. Should have bought 3/4 jugs because I was told that it has gone up. I have 2007 Toyota Rav4 with the 4 cylinder 30,000 miles (25/27 city 24 hwy here in the hills 26 all the time in Ohio), that we love. Also 1994 Olds 98 108,000 miles with the V6 3800 engine (25 city 30/32 hwy), also 1998 Chevy c1500 pickup with 43,000 miles. My Father In Law bought this truck new and passed away 2 yrs ago and I take extra special care of it.

Fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

[

Since MB reccomends 10,000 mile oil change it should not be all that bad.

:farmer:

Haven't even looked at the manual yet so don't know what it says about recommended intervals. I figured with 8.5 quarts though that it would be longer than usual. Still, I can't imagine letting it go 10,000 miles. I know it would probably be OK but I just don't think I could do it. I'll probably figure about 5,000 miles, depending upon what the manual says.

Seeing as it is rear wheel drive, I figure it will pretty much just be a summer car anyway and I doubt that she'll put more than about 5,000 or so miles a year on it. She may surprise me though.

and Mel...you are correct...when this car was new it listed for just shy of $40,000 but I can ASSURE you that I have NEVER paid that much for a car. :) These things can actually be picked up pretty cheap now.