IGNORED

Trike gas mileage

tbbrider

That was pretty much normal when I had the bike on 2 wheels. Now that I've triked it the bike sits more level, at least with my Tri-Wing kit, so now I find that my gage will go down to 1 bar before the trip meter starts counting down the miles. Usually that's at about 150 miles. In fact it's on that mark right now so once weather here clears enough to go for a ride I intend to fill the tank to see just how much is actually left in it.

Most times I chicken out at 2 bars and start looking for a station.

Larry

The first Deb n I decided to find out just how far we could go before the countdown starts didn't end well. Tank was already switched on reserved, which is why my 05 Hannigan Trike has an auxillary fuel tank.:whistling:

The first Deb n I decided to find out just how far we could go before the countdown starts didn't end well. Tank was already switched on reserved, which is why my 05 Hannigan Trike has an auxillary fuel tank.:whistling:

OOPS!!! been there done that!! I am going to quote this in the other thread too.

On normal, about 2 - 3 miles before it sputters. On reserve about 25 miles, give or take! I carry an extra 2 gallons in my trunk and was glad I did going to Potato Creek, ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere...

Gotta love having the auxiliary gas tank. Or in your case a spare gas can.

Larry