IGNORED

Freedom

Trader

There is a reason his flight suit is yellow.........

The engines used are the same ones that are popular on radio control model jets.

I have a jet with one of those engines in it.

This guy is nuts.

But then I do have my private pilots license and flying is a lot of fun.

Out of curiosity, I looked up his site and checked out the details of the "wing". Here are the listed performance figures (I added the conversion from metric):

PERFORMANCE

Speed

- Average 200 km/h (125 mph)

- At Ascent 180 km/h (112 mph)

- On Descent 300 km/h (188 mph)

Climb 330 m/min (1,072 ft. / min.)

Flight time 10 minutes

I would be scared to death to do it but would give anything to try it!

Jeez, what a blast!! :eek:

Andy

I had to wonder why the helicopter drop?

Why wouldn't he just "cliff dive"?

I am assuming there wouldn't be enough thrust (or lift) to allow him to take off from land or even from a low roof-top

I would assume the helo drop would allow a parachute landing if something went wrong firing the unit up.

RR

Even if I had that wing strapped to my back, you aint gonna git me to jump off or out of a perfectly good aircraft.

Nope not me......

Knowing what those engines are, and looking at the size of the fuel tanks, I would guess that he can get 7-10 minutes of power depending on throttle usage.

Thanks for posting this. That was something to watch. Someone mentioned "Orville and Wilber would have loved this." I was thinking the same thing. Awesome, yes a once in a life time thing....... but not me. I could feel the jitters in my stomach and still do as of now.

For me I would rather be on two wheels, and well,,, feeling allllllmost..... the same thing, and I do not have to have a pilot license or jet fuel. Wowww.....that is plum crazy man.

Fuzzy

Sweeeeet!...

Although, Not very practical without control surfaces on wing. Looks like he's steering with his hands. Minor course adjustments at best?

Of course in the Grand Canyon what more would you need...

Also, Needs to detach from that machine and do seperate landings. Looks like he could get hurt permanent with that thing strapped to his back...:Avatars_Gee_George: