IGNORED

Carb sync help

mag1101

Is there anyone near S.W. Pa. (somerset Pa.) that could do a carb sync for me? Don did one for me at last years maintenace day but it is acting like it needs it again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. When I say "near" I mean within a days ride....always looking for a reason to spend some time on the scooter.

Thanks, Mark

Mark

I am sure you will find a local member to help you. But might I recommend you get a carb tune or some such gauge and ask for someone to teach you how to use it.

Mike

I did order a "carb tune" last week so I should have it soon. I just thought that maybe there was someone close by that had one and they could show me how to use mine in the future. I remember from Freebirds M Day that it was fairly easy to use. I also found and printed some information here in the tech library that I'm sure will help a lot.

After I receive mine I'll be glad to help anyone in my area that needs their carbs synchronize...I'll post when I have it.

Mark

I did order a "carb tune" last week so I should have it soon. I just thought that maybe there was someone close by that had one and they could show me how to use mine in the future. I remember from Freebirds M Day that it was fairly easy to use. I also found and printed some information here in the tech library that I'm sure will help a lot.

After I receive mine I'll be glad to help anyone in my area that needs their carbs synchronize...I'll post when I have it.

Mark

Hmm Somerset, PA.

I used to live nearby in Maryland. The forum is looking for a place to hold the international rally next year and I have suggested your general vicinity as a good place.

Maybe Union town Gap.

Hmm Somerset, PA.

The forum is looking for a place to hold the international rally next year and I have suggested your general vicinity as a good place.

Maybe Union town Gap.

Thats an awful lotta work to expect a guy to do just for a carb synch...:whistling::banana:

But if he is game for it........:confused24::rotfl::rotfl:

Brian

Hey Mark,

I live near Altoona, Pa. In Duncansville. You would come down Rt. 219 to Rt. 22 to I 99 go south 1 exit to the Roaring Springs exit, turn left at the light at the bottom of the exit, and I am a half mile on the right. My brother and I will be working in the shop ALL day tomorrow, if you are up for a ride, you are welcome to stop by for a Carb. Sync.

My cell number is 814-937-8143.

Most weekends I am in the shop, if tomorrow doesn't work for you.:thumbsup2:

Earl

Hmm Somerset, PA.

I used to live nearby in Maryland. The forum is looking for a place to hold the international rally next year and I have suggested your general vicinity as a good place.

Maybe Union town Gap.

Sounds good to me!

There sure is a lot of great riding around the area here.

Where did you live in MD?

Hey Mark,

I live near Altoona, Pa. In Duncansville. You would come down Rt. 219 to Rt. 22 to I 99 go south 1 exit to the Roaring Springs exit, turn left at the light at the bottom of the exit, and I am a half mile on the right. My brother and I will be working in the shop ALL day tomorrow, if you are up for a ride, you are welcome to stop by for a Carb. Sync.

My cell number is 814-937-8143.

Most weekends I am in the shop, if tomorrow doesn't work for you.:thumbsup2:

Earl

Thanks, Earl...I don't think I can make it tomorrow.

It looks like rain http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=15557

maybe next weekend...I'll call first to see if you have the time.

Thanks a lot, Mark

Rockville. Used to ski at Seven Springs a lot in the winter.

Rode a Yamaha XS1100 around there a bit in the early 80's

Seven Spring is only about 15 min. from my house.

Hey, maybe we should set up a meet and eat sometime.

Somerset has a lot of great places to eat and also has some interesting attractions like the Flight 93 Memorial, Mount Davis (the highest point in Pa.), The Johnstown flood museum, Ohiopyle Rapids and some great riding through the mountains.

Mark