IGNORED

Trip next week--OH, WV, PA

frankd

Next week Thursday, Barb and I are heading down to see the Grandkids in Murfreesboro, TN. Sunday we're meeting friends near Cairo, IL, and the 4 of us are heading towards PA, WV, & OH. for a week of sightseeing. If you know of some roads or scenery in this area that shouldn't be missed, please let us know. We have nothing planned, just wearing out some tires....

Frank D.

Some fun roads up that way and Malabar Farms is a hit with the ladies

Zinger

Also the Mohican State Forest area is nice a little south Loudonville, Ohio. Then some more southeast around Berlin, Ohio there is a lot of Amish stores that make for a fun day according to my wife.

Gary

Also the Mohican State Forest area is nice a little south Loudonville, Ohio. Then some more southeast around Berlin, Ohio there is a lot of Amish stores that make for a fun day according to my wife.

Gary

If you get by Berlin, Oh...Stay at Zinks Inn. Great place to stay and the roads are fantastic. Gil

From Murfreesboro, TN:

Murfreesboro, to Woodbury, to Sparta, to Crossville, Hwy 70 to 321 at Lenoir City and then on thru Maryville, Walland and Townsend to the Great Smoky Mountains then east across to Cherokee, NC and up the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way north.

p.s. Hwy 70 in Rockwood, TN is where my driveway connects.

Well, we're really not leaving from Mufreesboro--just visiting the Daughter and Grandkids there. We've done Cherokee, the Dragon, and the Blue Ridge Parkway several times and it's always great. The friends we're meeting live in the southern tip of Illinois, so we'll be leaving from there, or maybe we'll just meet in Indiana somewhere. Really, I was asking about Penn. and WV. I know both states have tons of nice motorcyle roads, but which ones are the greatest. Also special things to see there.

Frank

SW Pa, flight 93 memorial, Fallingwater, Laurel Highlands area, Mid Pa, Rt 15 to Wellsboro/Mansfield area, Rt 6 to Kinzu Dam area, 125 So off of 61. Bills Biker Barn in Bloomsburg Pa. Pa Grand Canyon, Gettysburg Battlefields. Lancaster farm country, Pa RT 10, 897, 896, 209, Lots of great roads and sites to see in Pa.

SW Pa, flight 93 memorial, Fallingwater, Laurel Highlands area, Mid Pa, Rt 15 to Wellsboro/Mansfield area, Rt 6 to Kinzu Dam area, 125 So off of 61. Bills Biker Barn in Bloomsburg Pa. Pa Grand Canyon, Gettysburg Battlefields. Lancaster farm country, Pa RT 10, 897, 896, 209, Lots of great roads and sites to see in Pa.

This pretty much spells out about a month or two of excellent riding in PA. Since you are coming in from the sw, stay a good ways away from Pittsburgh and you will find lots of good riding roads south and east. If you want to head east in PA, then Route 30 will provide a real nice ride. From Morgantown, WV, you can slide into PA heading for Uniontown. On 40 east out of Uniontown, 381 north will provide a real interesting ride through Ohiopyle State Park and the town of Ohiopyle, then on up to Rte 30 east. Rte 31 can be fun, too. From there to about Chambersburg, you can pretty much pick your poison heading north in any direction. Flt 93 and Shanksville are a couple miles south of Rte 30, as well.

Enjoy.

:cool10: