IGNORED

New Yamaha Bagger

Guest tx2sturgis

That fairing and bag set up really makes the Vstar look great, too bad the prices are out of site, over $1000.00 for the rear bag, and $1300.00 for the fairing and $1900.00 for the bags make that close to half the price of a basic Vstar............way too much money for this poor guy. But it really looks sharp. I guess I will just have to dream, if I were to buy anything it would be the bags, they look really great.

Guest BluesLover

There's a local guy here that had that done to his Strato.

A picture is below.

Truth be told, I don't know why he just didn't get an RSV ... :whistling:

Cheers,

Guest tx2sturgis

A picture is below.

Cheers,

Well its certainly different. Around here, riding an RSV is 'different'...

Because of the mostly flat terrain and mostly straight roads here in the Texas panhandle, sport bikes are the oddity. Most people around here choose cruisers, and most of them are Harleys. Its nice to see something different.

A picture is below.

Cheers,

He sure would have saved himself a bundle of money if he had just got a RSV, all that stuff is expen$ive. And no radio, CB, cruise control...

It's my thinking that when Yamaha stops making the RSV, something similar to this will be the replacement. This V-Twin was designed to meet future EPA emissions standards.

For all the guys who wish for a RSV with 1800cc and fuel injection...there is your dream machine.

the roadliner/stratoliner are nice bikes with good reviews. Even if they made a bonofide tourer out of it, I wouldn't get one because the gas tank capacity is way too small. Even Harley knows this, as they increased the tank size of the Ultra to 6 gal. (same as the RSV)

Guest tx2sturgis
Brian, thanks for posting it. I like the looks of it, but I like my RSTD better. If it only had Anti Lock Brakes! It's a sore point with me.

Merry Christmas

Pardon? Dont lock em up!

Hey I've SEEN riders lock em up, and antilock woulda saved the day, but hey, somehow, weve all made it this far. Thing is, anti lock is not foolproof. In a curve, it can be deadly. And the electronics CAN fail and that might be in 5 or 10 years and it WONT be cheap to fix.

And besides, you bought it that way! Take comfort knowing you are skilled enough to ride to this day with out turning over control of your braking to a computer.

And oh yeah....Merry Christmas to you too!

• 8 years later...

Always liked the look of those Corbin Hard Bags. They do them for a number of bikes. I was looking at very similar for my Vulcan, but muchos $$$!!

The bags shown in the link are for the Roadliner & Stratoliner (not V Stars) so not cheap bikes to start off with!

But Corbin sure do make some beautiful stuff

Actually what I meant to post was... Wait is that a Flying pig I see?...New Yamaha Bagger?.... HaHaHaHa...LOL...LMAO...ROTFL!!!

Edited by Kretz