IGNORED

passenger arm rest

Guest art

I have been looking for passenger arm rest for my 2006 RSTD, But have'nt had any luck. Im afriad to modify something and weeken the back rest. This is for my child so I would like to find something thats made for the make and model. Does anyone have an ideal.

thanks.

Ya know...I didnt think to mention diamondr! I had something else on my mind after working all night! It also goes to show you what I know about the RSTD. They do make a good product as well and are great to deal with. However if what they have does not work for your bike then give the other a try.....it bolts right on to the backrest mounts.

Thats were I run into problems the back rest on the RSTD does'nt have bolts it's all one part. I know I could drill and modify, but it's for my child and it might weeken the whole part. Thanks for the web sites

Could you just use U clamps to bolt on the one from value? With Marilyns bike we put them on only when the kids ride with us because they look a little funny on the bike.

Another thing...dont count on any product holding the child onto the seat...the only way for that is to bolt the kid to the bike and you really dont want to do that!

But I do feel safer with our daughter on with the armrests...it gives a little protection from her falling off if she falls asleep, which she does all the time.

I spoke with Allen (a member here) at DiamondR. He said that they no longer make the arm rests.

That is for the 1st Gen, he still lists for the second gen.

Hmmmmmmm, I wonder if it is possible to modify a 2nd gen mount for use on a 1st Gen. Not practical for me to try, as I ride mostly solo.

• 1 month later...
I have been looking for passenger arm rest for my 2006 RSTD, But have'nt had any luck. Im afriad to modify something and weeken the back rest. This is for my child so I would like to find something thats made for the make and model. Does anyone have an ideal.

thanks.

I'm looking for the same thing,or grab rails. We might have to have them made.

• 4 years later...

There's these ones from Diamond:

http://www.diamondraccessories.com/yamaha/proddisplay.php?name=Swingout%20Tubular%20Armrest

http://www.diamondraccessories.com/yamaha/proddisplay.php?name=Swingout%20Tubular%20Armrest

And then there's these ones:

http://www.americanmotorcycleaccessories.com/proddetail.asp?prod=AMA2006

http://www.americanmotorcycleaccessories.com/proddetail.asp?prod=AMA2006

Does anyone have either of these? I'd love more detail about both if possible. I really like the look of the second ones.

We drive a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture and I really miss my armrests so want to purchase some ASAP.

Anything anyone can tell me that has either of these would be great. Thank you!!! :fingers-crossed-emo

Did anyone mention the Armrest by Ultimate seats? there is another set out there call Love handles.

Love Handles are for bikes with sissy bars. We have a trunk, of course, so these aren't mountable on our bike.

Armrest by Ultimate seats

Which ones are those please?

Those ones are for GoldWings.... not the Venture.

Also consider the ones in Carbon_One. I picked up a set about a month ago and my girlfriend finds them to be very comfortable.

Carbon_One? Where are those please? How do they mount? Any details about them would be great.

I see they're for GoldWings but thought they might possibly work on the Venture.