IGNORED

Why I hate beagles.....

RandyR

I on 3 mostly wooded acres with continuous woods winding thru the nearby hillsides..

About 3 am this morning I'm awoken by the distant and unmistakable baying of a beagle in the distance. I've heard one in the woods before.

But... he gets closer and closer.

Now I have 2 large dogs, both of whom are barkers themselves, including a year old female lab-pyrenees mix who must have swallowed a Stebel air horn when she was a pup.

Its cooling off nicely at night now, so I have the windows open.

So both of my dogs join in the chorus, to show support for the beagle hot on the trail of something. I'm hoping the beagle catches the rabbit that has been eating my garden flowers.

He gets closer, or louder depending on ones viewpoint. My 2 dogs are going nuts.

Well, whatever he was chasing must have just gone up a tree just outside my bedroom window. Isn't that nice!! The beagle sits there for what seemed an hour, but was probably only 10 minutes or so, letting loose. I'm tempted to get my shotgun out of the closet and shoot either whatever was being chased, or maybe the beagle.. but I refrain, neighbors would just call the police and I'd never get any sleep.

I try to wrestle my 2 dogs to the floor to shut them up, but did you ever try to hold 2 80lb squirming dogs at once while they were intent on exercising their god-given voices?

I give up and get a bowl of icecream and flip open my laptop computer to see what other fools are posting to the internet at this hour of the morning. I see the chinese spammers are busy at work tonight... :rotf:

Whatever went up the tree, seems to have escaped. I hear the beagle's call fading over the hill.

My 2 dogs want a biscuit.

Did I mention that I hate beagles?

:depressed:

Have you ever have a whipperwill perched outside your bedroom window at 2:00 in the morning?

For those who may not know...their call is exactly the same as the name.

"Whip-er-WILL.....Whip-er-WILL".

They are surprisingly loud for their size.

They give out one call every couple of seconds, pretty much NON STOP for what seems like HOURS!!!!

Gotta love nature!

I have only owned Beagles my entire life. I just lost my best Beagle I ever owned about a year ago. My Beags were PETS only, and not hunting dogs. The one I lost last ear was a BARKER!! the one I have left is 11 years old and has barked maybe 6 times in 3 years.

I also LOVE the sound of Beagles running... I've even photographed a Beagle Field Trial before... But one at 3am would kinda piss me off! :rotf:

Forget animals ... we have a tenant who lives in the downstairs suite ... he doesn't know the difference between daytime and nighttime and often decides he's going to work on his truck, boat, car, whatever (right outside our bedroom window) .... about 1/2 hour after I've gone to sleep .... and when that happens, I have a h3lluva time getting back to sleep.

Oh wait a minute... come to think of it... he is a bit of an "animal"!! :rotfl:

I on 3 mostly wooded acres with continuous woods winding thru the nearby hillsides..

About 3 am this morning I'm awoken by the distant and unmistakable baying of a beagle in the distance. I've heard one in the woods before.

But... he gets closer and closer.

Now I have 2 large dogs, both of whom are barkers themselves, including a year old female lab-pyrenees mix who must have swallowed a Stebel air horn when she was a pup.

Its cooling off nicely at night now, so I have the windows open.

So both of my dogs join in the chorus, to show support for the beagle hot on the trail of something. I'm hoping the beagle catches the rabbit that has been eating my garden flowers.

He gets closer, or louder depending on ones viewpoint. My 2 dogs are going nuts.

Well, whatever he was chasing must have just gone up a tree just outside my bedroom window. Isn't that nice!! The beagle sits there for what seemed an hour, but was probably only 10 minutes or so, letting loose. I'm tempted to get my shotgun out of the closet and shoot either whatever was being chased, or maybe the beagle.. but I refrain, neighbors would just call the police and I'd never get any sleep.

I try to wrestle my 2 dogs to the floor to shut them up, but did you ever try to hold 2 80lb squirming dogs at once while they were intent on exercising their god-given voices?

I give up and get a bowl of icecream and flip open my laptop computer to see what other fools are posting to the internet at this hour of the morning. I see the chinese spammers are busy at work tonight... :rotf:

Whatever went up the tree, seems to have escaped. I hear the beagle's call fading over the hill.

My 2 dogs want a biscuit.

Did I mention that I hate beagles?

:depressed:

set a live trap and when you get it take him to the POUND!!!

Meth-Heads around here pick that time to run their 4-wheelers with no exhaust!!

long as you have had problems with METH-HEADS dont you think its time to move to a nicer part of town:stickpoke::doh::buttkick:

dray:smile5:

but did you ever try to hold 2 80lb squirming dogs at once while they were intent on exercising their god-given voices?

No. But try and hold a 180 lb Newfoundland dog down when he wants to go.

Funny story, best part is I can actually see it happening. :rotf:

Brad

I raised, bred, and field trialed beagles in SPO (small pack option) for years...nothing like a pack of 6 or 8 hounds on the trail of Mr. cottontail...AHHHHHH I love that music..............We had a 80 acre fenced in running ground loaded with cottontails miles away on a deserted road...best time to train young hounds was at night.....It was wonderful...best little friends I've ever had...:fatsmiley: