I have a 2005 Tour Deluxe with the original battery (bought Oct, 2004). The bike has a touch over 24,000 miles and is for sale here and in other places. Whether it sells or not, I would hate for the buyer or me to get stranded when the battery dies.

I hate to fix something that is not broken, and this original battery works just like it did from day one - but its days have to be over/near over. What is the BEST battery I can replace this OEM battery with? Thanks. Jim

I have a 2005 Tour Deluxe with the original battery (bought Oct, 2004). The bike has a touch over 24,000 miles and is for sale here and in other places. Whether it sells or not, I would hate for the buyer or me to get stranded when the battery dies.

I hate to fix something that is not broken, and this original battery works just like it did from day one - but its days have to be over/near over. What is the BEST battery I can replace this OEM battery with? Thanks. Jim

http://www.bohannonbattery.com/html/deka.html

http://www.bohannonbattery.com/html/deka/etx20l.html

That makes sense. Still . . . I guess I will just keep riding it until it fails. I do have road service on it, so after a jump start, it'll be time to buy a battery. I do find it odd that so many people seem to be replacing batteries after a couple years and this one has gone now almost seven. Never used a battery tender. Nothing. Just got lucky I guess.

That makes sense. Still . . . I guess I will just keep riding it until it fails. I do have road service on it, so after a jump start, it'll be time to buy a battery. I do find it odd that so many people seem to be replacing batteries after a couple years and this one has gone now almost seven. Never used a battery tender. Nothing. Just got lucky I guess.

That's my luck as well,,,, I never do anything to the battery,,, but it keeps going, going and going and it's not even a Duracel.

DEKA AGM!

12.8 Volts.

American made.

Better CCA than Odessy.

Fits like a stock battery.

Tough case with extra wiring mounts.

Extremely low discharge rate when stored.

I never used a tender.

Lower cost than Odessy or most lead/acid batteries.

I'm into my 3rd season with no problems.

bohannon battery or pm skydoc_17.

Mike