IGNORED

So tell me,, what's it worth

Marcarl

2003 with 58000 km on it. Took it out for a ride, seems to ride just fine,, not as nice as a 1st gen, but then it's not a first gen. Steering seemed a little loose, that all. Didn't see any serious marks or breaks. Needs a good cleaning.

Kelly Blue Book for Canada says $6,848 to $8,560 ... the top value being reserved for "extra clean" machines (Low mileage, verifiable service records, looks like new, etc.). Their values do not take into account any added on extras - chrome, backrests, etc.) . There are two in Ontario on Auto Trader right now .. both 2003. One has 111,000 km and they're asking $7,995 and the other has 33,000 km and they're asking $9.795. Both are at dealerships. Of course, at the end of the day, it depends on what the seller is willing to accept and the buyer is willing to pay.

Hope this helps

Andy

hey Carl:

My 04 Midnite is for sale as well, it has EVERYTHING you can get on it....almost. All our riding gear, headsts, drive on ramp;, the whole shooting match. Runs like a hungry teenager,

A decent offer would do it, and we can work on the receipt for Mr. McGuinty as well.

gunk:shock3:

The story.

This scoot belonged to 'joe' at least we'll call him that. He was killed in a car accident last fall. Looked after his bike fairly well, but liked to ride more than doctor it up with bling. His wife thought a relative wanted it, but finally he made up his mind and said no. So now I thought to give her some input,,, one thing I told her: the longer it sits the less it's worth. I rode it, and it rides fine, but the steering is a little loose. Tell you, when I got back on my 85,,, that was home,,,,no I don't think I switch.

Looks like it's not the original windshield - is it a special type or anything like that?

What's wrong with the antennas??

That's not the standard backrest, either, is it? So someone put a bit of money into it somewhere along the line.

Around here, it would sell for about $11,000 but the price drops as soon as you hit Quebec/Ontario to about $9,000.

Check your local Craig's list, see what's around, check local dealerships, then price it in the middle somewhere and you should be good to go. :happy34:

Very nice looking bike, believe it or not that was the original color of ol' blue. Paint job, goodies and 40,000 miles I got mine for $8k last October. Hope that helps some. I would say anything under $8k would be a pretty good buy.

2003 with 58000 km on it. Took it out for a ride, seems to ride just fine,, not as nice as a 1st gen, but then it's not a first gen. Steering seemed a little loose, that all. Didn't see any serious marks or breaks. Needs a good cleaning.

Around $6500 to $7000....

Nice colours!

Is it missing the fork wind deflectors?

As for antenna... the straight antenna goes on the right side. The one with the barrel thing goes on the left. A lot of dealers put them the wrong way. Even the Yamaha site had them pictured the wrong way.

The speedometer reads up to 180mph:shock3:.....WTH...My 06 only reads up to 120....:crying:

Boomer.....who still believes that BLACK is the fastest color...:cool10:

I am assuming that the Canadian Speedo is showing the higher speed in kilometers, not miles per hour.

Brian

This is a Canadian bike and she should get at least 8,000 or slightly less if she wants to move it, or more if you hold onto it for better offer. Remember winter is coming fast and she will have to sit on it for a while then it will depend on the spring market.

Looks like he put Bridgestones on it. Not many will buy a second.

All the best to your friend.

Brad

This is a Canadian bike and she should get at least 8,000 or slightly less if she wants to move it, or more if you hold onto it for better offer. Remember winter is coming fast and she will have to sit on it for a while then it will depend on the spring market.

Looks like he put Bridgestones on it. Not many will buy a second.

All the best to your friend.

Brad

Glad to hear the economy in Canada is booming. :whistling:

Glad to hear the economy in Canada is booming. :whistling:

Booming it is not, but it is not as bad as you folks have it.

Prices have always been higher here, must be why I bought three bikes stateside. Cooling off at nights now, so the only ones buying are the ones that are looking for a good deal. Probably get more in the spring.

Brad

Prices have always been higher here, must be why I bought three bikes stateside. Cooling off at nights now, so the only ones buying are the ones that are looking for a good deal. Probably get more in the spring.

Brad

That was the excuse back in the days when the Canadian/US dollar exchange rate tilted toward the US. Now that the Loony is the heavy weight, what's the reason for high prices??? :confused07:

That was the excuse back in the days when the Canadian/US dollar exchange rate tilted toward the US. Now that the Loony is the heavy weight, what's the reason for high prices??? :confused07:

'Cause they can. Simple. It's frustrating and annoying as heck but that's just the way it is.

Originally Posted by BradT

Brad

That's definitely the truth. Bikes are much, much cheaper in the US than in Canada. Same with cars. Even with duty and crap we have to pay at the border, it's often cheaper to buy from the US.

Bikes are flooding the market right now. It's a buyers market and if you want a good price you should wait until spring. We were VERY lucky to sell our bike for a decent price. People are selling their bikes now for dirt cheap and it's hard to get a good price.

We canucks just like to get more.... :smile5:

Actually, I'd guess it has a lot to do with supply and demand. Sure, we can run south of the border and get it cheaper (generally speaking) but there's only a small percentage of folks who a) have the wherewithall to do that and b) will buy stateside versus buy in Canada (as in keep the money in our own country)

We canucks just like to get more.... :smile5:

Actually, I'd guess it has a lot to do with supply and demand. Sure, we can run south of the border and get it cheaper (generally speaking) but there's only a small percentage of folks who a) have the wherewithall to do that and b) will buy stateside versus buy in Canada (as in keep the money in our own country)

I think it comes down to that quote from P.T. Barnum.....??? :whistling: