IGNORED

Children anyone ???

FuzzyRSTD

THINGS TO THINK ABOUT !

1. You spend the first two years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next sixteen telling them to sit down and shut up.

2. Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your own children.

3. Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young.

4. Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

5. The main purpose of holding children's parties is to remind yourself that there are children more awful than your own .

6. We childproofed our homes, but they are still getting in.

[ATTACH]60168[/ATTACH]

ADVICE FOR THE DAY:

Be nice to your kids. They will choose your nursing home one day

AND FINALLY:

IF YOU HAVE A LOT OF TENSION AND YOU GET A HEADACHE,

DO WHAT IT SAYS ON THE ASPIRIN BOTTLE:

'TAKE TWO ASPIRIN'

AND 'KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN'!

Ok, now for a more serious side to this. I may be asking a stupid question, but are there laws to prevent my boy from riding with me at 6 yr old ? He is big enough to hold on and all. Just thinking about a very short ride around home sometime. He has asked about riding a couple times. I am thinking that he is not allowed until he has reached 16 yr old or so. That is what I told him last time he was interested.

Fuzzy

As far as I know here in Canada, there are no laws prohibiting children from riding on motorcycles. Ontario was talking about bringing in a law about no children under 14 years of age but it hasn't gone through yet.

Here you go:

I see you're in Kentucky. Here's the laws there from what I can find:

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/asp/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=KY

Passenger Age Restriction - None
:cool10:

Make sure his mom or someone takes a pic of him with you and let us see it!!!!:cool10:

Not sure of the legalities...but I used to take my kids on the bike when they were 5-6 years old.

But I had the IN FRONT of me...so they were cradled between my arms.

Years later my son told me that because I was riding a crotch rocket at the time and so I was leaning forward...so was he!

He said all he could see was the road going by below him!

:doh:

As far as I know here in Canada, there are no laws prohibiting children from riding on motorcycles. Ontario was talking about bringing in a law about no children under 14 years of age but it hasn't gone through yet.

Here you go:

I see you're in Kentucky. Here's the laws there from what I can find:

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/asp/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=KY

:cool10:

Make sure his mom or someone takes a pic of him with you and let us see it!!!!:cool10:

Thanks, you found it quicker than me. I was still looking when you updated your post. Thanks,

Fuzzy

PS; I found this in the Kentucky State Motorcycle Manual on line. I do not see any passenger age restrictions either.

OPERATOR/PASSENGER REQUIREMENTS

The operator must have:

• A valid motor vehicle operator’s license with a valid motorcycle operator’s endorsement thereon, a motorcycle license, or an instruction permit

to operate a motorcycle, before operating a motorcycle upon any public

roadway in Kentucky.

• A motorcycle operator authorized to operate a motorcycle on an instruction permit shall not be authorized to carry passengers.

• The operator must use an approved eye-protection device, in the manner

prescribed by the Transportation Cabinet, and both the operator and passenger must wear approved protective headgear anytime the vehicle is in

motion.

• A person may operate without a helmet if he or she is over 21 and has

held a motorcycle license for one year or more. Passengers must be 21 or

over to ride without a helmet. Persons under 21, or those who have held

their licenses for less than one year, must wear protective headgear.

Edited by FuzzyRSTD
found something

Guest scarylarry

I have to agree with this law, since most people don't have common sense as for this group I know they have sense and practice safety for their kids..

Example the lady that had the baby in the carraige in back of the truck, it was in the news somewhere in Florida she didn't think she was wrong..

When kids have kids they don't have the knowledge like we do..

I have to agree with this law, since most people don't have common sense as for this group I know they have sense and practice safety for their kids..

Example the lady that had the baby in the carraige in back of the truck, it was in the news somewhere in Florida she didn't think she was wrong..

When kids have kids they don't have the knowledge like we do..

I agree. However, some of this ignorance goes all the way back to the parents really not teaching their children and their children any better. Some do not understand these simple rules that we do. I agree also with respect to all, most here in this group seem to be more "common sense folks". That is why I like to ask these kind of questions here. I learn from others and like to hear some one have the same mindful response as I. This assures me that I am making the right decision, or that I may change my mind after hearing others thoughts. That is something that I will always cherish as long as I live on earth. I can make my own decisions,freely,with respect and do as I suppose, to be the good thing in life, what ever that might be.

Fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

Guest scarylarry
I agree. However, some of this ignorance goes all the way back to the parents really not teaching their children and their children any better. Some do not understand these simple rules that we do. I agree also with respect to all, most here in this group seem to be more "common sense folks". That is why I like to ask these kind of questions here. I learn from others and like to hear some one have the same mindful response as I. This assures me that I am making the right decision, or that I may change my mind after hearing others thoughts. That is something that I will always cherish as long as I live on earth. I can make my own decisions,freely,with respect and do as I suppose, to be the good thing in life, what ever that might be.

Fuzzy

And the stupid ones are the reason we pay the price for..

Do I see anything wrong with NO but I'm standing on the side of the fence that puts safety and the child first..

Would I do it..Sure would..

Well, when it comes to kids, I would hope you'd always put a helmet on them no matter what the laws are in your state.

Yes, I agree. But the beginning question was the age limit for children riding at all. Todd at work told me that he thought that children could not ride under age of 16. I did somewhat agree with him, but I did not know for sure. Now I will tell him tomorrow that there is not an age restriction on riding passengers on a bike/motorcycle.

I always wear a helmet, and with respect and hope that you do not mis-understand me, I do not want to turn this into another helmet thread. Yes children should always wear a helmet.

Fuzzy

Guest scarylarry

Fuzzy not turning this into a helmet debate, but since you live in Ky. and I'm Tn.

A riding bud told me that if you are not a legal resident of Ky. and you get caught without a helmet they can ticket you..

I did look and couldn't find it and so the debate goes on here, I'm sure in the hell am not asking a KHP officer..

So do you know?

Fuzzy not turning this into a helmet debate, but since you live in Ky. and I'm Tn.

A riding bud told me that if you are not a legal resident of Ky. and you get caught without a helmet they can ticket you..

I did look and couldn't find it and so the debate goes on here, I'm sure in the hell am not asking a KHP officer..

So do you know?

That is not so. Kentucky has no helmet law here for those over 21 yrs of age. That also goes for all other states that do not have a helmet requirement. If I ride in Tennessee (I think they require a helmet), I must wear a helmet. I do anyway.

Here it is in black and white and I hope this helps settle the debate in TN. Please do not turn this into a helmet debate. With respect, this is about taking the children for a ride, there is no age limit on the passenger riding here, but they must wear a helmet if under 21 yrs old.

http://kentuckystatepolice.org/pdf/motorcycle_manual.pdf

The operator must have:

• A valid motor vehicle operator’s license with a valid motorcycle operator’s endorsement thereon, a motorcycle license, or an instruction permit

roadway in Kentucky.

• A motorcycle operator authorized to operate a motorcycle on an instruction permit shall not be authorized to carry passengers.

prescribed by the Transportation Cabinet, and both the operator and passenger must wear approved protective headgear anytime the vehicle is in

motion.

Fuzzy

Guest scarylarry
That is not so. Kentucky has no helmet law here for those over 21 yrs of age. That also goes for all other states that do not have a helmet requirement. If I ride in Tennessee (I think they require a helmet), I must wear a helmet. I do anyway.

Here it is in black and white and I hope this helps settle the debate in TN. Please do not turn this into a helmet debate. With respect, this is about taking the children for a ride, there is no age limit on the passenger riding here, but they must wear a helmet if under 21 yrs old.

http://kentuckystatepolice.org/pdf/motorcycle_manual.pdf

The operator must have:

roadway in Kentucky.

motion.

Fuzzy

Thank you, I hoping to sucker him in on a bet and split the steak with you...:cool10::cool10:

When I was inquiring about my boys wanting to ride with me, the only requirement outside of gear was, that children of any age can ride as long as they can rest their feet on something. My oldest (12) can reach the boards no prob. But my youngest (8), has to use the top of the hard shells! (Now, i think i should be investing in some chrome scratch guards,lol, there are getting to the painting stage)

I don't know about if there are laws, but, a good rule of thumb I and my friends have used is that the child must be able to touch the pegs with his/her feet.

Yes, I thought about that. My son has never sat on my bike. I have taken my daughter Crystal on a few rides. She was around 17 yrs old the first time. Her mother/my dear wife, would never allow it until she got older,then we kinda just sneaked off and dealt with her later. My wife is a little more relaxed with my son Isaiah. I also have a bigger bike now, that she has rode with me for around 200 mile or so. My wife is not a true bike rider, but I love her anyway.

Fuzzy

Our kids were on the bikes at a very young age, they are in their late teens now, they are good passengers, when you tell them lets go a ride the first thing they grab is a leather jacket and helmut, and a walkman,thet dont like dads music :confused24:

Naugh-T :bighug:

Our kids were on the bikes at a very young age, they are in their late teens now, they are good passengers, when you tell them lets go a ride the first thing they grab is a leather jacket and helmut, and a walkman,thet dont like dads music :confused24:

I hear ya (the music), just check out my signature .... Good they wear the gear and just do it.

Fuzzy

Guest scarylarry

My wife don't listen my music either so she does the I-Pod thing, I listen to 70's she listens to 80's

My wife don't listen my music either so she does the I-Pod thing, I listen to 70's she listens to 80's

Ya me to Larry. I like some 80's stuff to. But I guess some may say that I am weird to the music thing. I love Bluegrass gospel, I like Bob Seagor and old time rock and roll, I like the Eagles. How about some Hank Jr (I have always been crazy). Merl Haggard (Dont run down my country man).I even have some Indian music, I enjoy the jaunts and the flutes they play with the drums in the back ground. I also enjoy some Irish music, I love bag pipes man, they are beautiful. Some times I do not think kids now a days really know what music is. It is just some weird sound and some kinda mumbo jumbo that I can not understand at all. Rap is not my thing at all, sorry kids.

Fuzzy

Guest scarylarry
Ya me to Larry. I like some 80's stuff to. But I guess some may say that I am weird to the music thing. I love Bluegrass gospel, I like Bob Seagor and old time rock and roll, I like the Eagles. How about some Hank Jr (I have always been crazy). Merl Haggard (Dont run down my country man).I even have some Indian music, I enjoy the jaunts and the flutes they play with the drums in the back ground. I also enjoy some Irish music, I love bag pipes man, they are beautiful. Some times I do not think kids now a days really know what music is. It is just some weird sound and some kinda mumbo jumbo that I can not understand at all. Rap is not my thing at all, sorry kids.

Fuzzy

Remember our folks thought the same thing...

My dad would listen to that old country music Hank Snow and that bunch while I listen to Waylon and the old rock and roll..

I have a 17 yr old and I don't have a clue to what they are saying in the music and might be best if I didn't know

Remember our folks thought the same thing...

My dad would listen to that old country music Hank Snow and that bunch while I listen to Waylon and the old rock and roll..

I have a 17 yr old and I don't have a clue to what they are saying in the music and might be best if I didn't know

Ya, shoot I forgot about Waylon Jennings. Some good stuff there. I need to purchase me a good old Waylon CD.

Ya,the new stuff (music/songs) is kinda off the wall. But some of what I heard was very unhealthy for the ears for me. I do not like cursing in a song, never did, no matter what or who sang it. Seems from the music my daughter had in her car about a year ago, that there was some drastic language in there. I had her to get rid of it and get something a little more respectful. She is 21 years old. It was in her car when I took it for some repairs. Her response, "Dad I only listen to a few of the better songs on it". She did get rid of it though, and I respect her dearly for that.

Fuzzy

Guest scarylarry
Ya, shoot I forgot about Waylon Jennings. Some good stuff there. I need to purchase me a good old Waylon CD.

Ya,the new stuff (music/songs) is kinda off the wall. But some of what I heard was very unhealthy for the ears for me. I do not like cursing in a song, never did, no matter what or who sang it. Seems from the music my daughter had in her car about a year ago, that there was some drastic language in there. I had her to get rid of it and get something a little more respectful. She is 21 years old. It was in her car when I took it for some repairs. Her response, "Dad I only listen to a few of the better songs on it". She did get rid of it though, and I respect her dearly for that.

Fuzzy

LOL...........I know you remember Steppenwolf song the Pusher where every other word was GD.. My dad heard that when my sister was playing the album "yes album" I think that album might still be rotating the earth he sent that record sailing in the air looked like a fresbie humming over the trees...

Since we bought our own music I was careful after that

LOL...........I know you remember Steppenwolf song the Pusher where every other word was GD.. My dad heard that when my sister was playing the album "yes album" I think that album might still be rotating the earth he sent that record sailing in the air looked like a fresbie humming over the trees...

Since we bought our own music I was careful after that

:rotf::rotf::rotf: I can see that now..... :rotf::rotf:

Fuzzy

Guest scarylarry

My dad was very old school and military and we walk the line or else..

After a few pops in the mouth for saying yea and not yes sir and I learn very fast..