IGNORED

End coming for my riding season

jemorrisonjr

Good luck with the surgery. Two guys at work had it done recently and they're both expected to be out for 3-4 months. Biggest thing to do is the rehab but im sure you already know that. According to my guys that was the rough part but they did it. But at least you will be feeling much better when its done.

Doesn't the snow start flying on the 14th in WI?

So you lost 1 day...:confused24: LOL

Good luck with the surgery... make sure you do the exercises in rehab and at home, you will heal quicker.

My wife had frozen shoulder and it took her about a year to get it straightened out without surgery... Seems when you have an injury of that type you should exercise/streech the shoulder instead of placing in a sling for a month.. I still get angry thinking about it... what a Quack!

Lucky me, my doc gave me the option of either surgery or therapy - I went with therapy. Don't believe you mentioned if your problem was traumatic or just old ... er ... older age. I did mine falling off a roof - that's more in the category of stupidity I guess. Tip to self - stay off roofs in winter - it can get slick up there. Mine was a 40%+ tear which is borderline for therapy, but apparently there's a whole lot of redundancy in the muscles. Went for it, and absolutely no problems since. Knock on wood, toss salt over shoulder. Yeowch?

Anyway. Stretch, stretch, stretch. Once you lose range of motion you're fu ... fu ... functionally impaired for good. Best tool for the job? Get a heavy duty closed pulley and hang that from a doorway. Run a piece of nylon rope thru and tie a couple handles to that about chest level sitting down. A couple chunks of sawed off broomstick drilled for the rope work well. You pull the bad shoulder thru with the good one, scream, repeat as needed. You can get all kinds of action on the shoulder by moving the chair around - front stretch, back, to the side, across the chest - just make sure you attack all angles and make it hurt without hurting yourself. Concentrate on the angles that give you the most problems - once those settle down, all the rest follows. Couple days, you'll be amazed the difference. Keep that rope handy and give it a go anytime the shoulder starts to stiffen up, which it probably will for a while, especially up there in cold country.

• 3 weeks later...