IGNORED

lower profile tire??

I have a shorter inseam than you do and the best thing I did was to pick up a used Corbin seat that needed some work and I removed about 1 1/2 inches of foam from the drivers seat. Not only am I more able to touch the ground, but the seat is much more comfortable.

RandyA

Last night the (worden,) opps the wife:bighug: said I realy have a 27 in inseam. it seams I'm shorter:depressed: than I thought.:rotf:

I have a lower profile tire mounted on a front rim for my First Gen. when I go VROD hunting, or to the drag strip. The biggest problem is the speedo is mounted on the front axle, and the 100/80/18 tire throws the speedo WAY off. The other thing is when you bank right or left to go into a turn, you better have a spare pair of underpants, because my 87'VR will lean so quickly that you'll be screaming like a school girl! For straight line, drag race type riding, it helps keep the front end down, and the feel of the road is very positive. BUT it does make the steering a bit "twitchy". (to say the least) Other things to consider would be shorter front bearing life, and I spun the speedo needle off of my gage cluster, and smoked a speedo cable. For touring type riding, this mod would be very hard on the front end of the bike and hard on the rider as well. (with the front end lowered, you are "posting up" on your arms constantly) I'm not sayin' it can't be done, just sayin' it ain't gonna be FUN. :confused24:

Earl

There are improvements that can be made to a 1980's motorcycle, the 1st-gen Venture -- tires, brakes, cables, battery, fork brace, etc.

One thing is to improve the bike, which many of us have done, thanks to Earl and others in this forum. Yet another is to change the bike so drastically it becomes a totally different animal, to the point of being unrecognizable, even unrideable.

Tire size is something that should not be messed with, as it changes totally the nature of the ride.

Nick Diaz

Middletown, MD

if you lower the front you need to lwer the backend to match to keep the bike more stable.

I was thinking of going from the stock 120/90 in front to a 120/70,

stock 140/90 in rear to a 140/70,

so the diffrence in hight would be the same front and rear.

:detective:Has anyone had a chance to ride an 83-85 with this tire combo on it?:confused24:

Bilko