IGNORED

J&M Headset Advice.

Condor

While coming back from Cody with a stator that was putting out a charge I could finally turn on the CB to listen via the dash speakers since I didn't have a helmet with wired up with J&M's. I could hear everything Vic said thru the dash speakers, and I could reply... 1 click=yes, 2 clicks= no, and 3 or more clicks= :sign woo hoo: did you see that set of....?? :) Now I'm thinking about cutting off the speakers of the headset, and just wiring in the mic. Think it might work to transmit only?? I have the room to mount the mic, it's those thick speakers that are a PITA. Beside I hardly ever listen to audio anyway... Whatcha think??

Cant see why not but why not just get a mounted mic if you can find one instead of wrecking a complete headset?

Because I have about 5 or 6 headsets. Might as well.... ??

not for sure it would work? i think if you have it on speaker the head set will not work? not for sure but i would find out before cutting them speakers out of headset.

Good point. Anyone have trouble transmitting on the CB when an RSV is on dash speaker??

not for sure it would work? i think if you have it on speaker the head set will not work? not for sure but i would find out before cutting them speakers out of headset.

That is exactly what I did so when I wanted to ride without a helmet or just wear my half helmet I could. It works fine through the bike speakers and will still transmit and receive fine. I listen to my music also and when someone talkes it cuts out the music when they are talking. I keep my squelch at about 18 so I can only hear the people within about 3/4 mile from me.

Good luck

That is exactly what I did so when I wanted to ride without a helmet or just wear my half helmet I could. It works fine through the bike speakers and will still transmit and receive fine. I listen to my music also and when someone talkes it cuts out the music when they are talking. I keep my squelch at about 18 so I can only hear the people within about 3/4 mile from me.

Good luck

Thanks. That settles that. Gonna get rid of the headset speakers....

Because I have about 5 or 6 headsets. Might as well.... ??

Good point. Anyone have trouble transmitting on the CB when an RSV is on dash speaker??

Lol

I wish I had that problem (too many headsets). Could have used one for the missus on the way home from Cody.

I really disliked the J&M large speakers as well. I found a solution do to the fact the J&M were annoying me....I'll explain.

I recently purchased the new scorpion transformer helmet that goes from a flip-face helmet to a 3/4 helmet and it has the hole for an integrated system. I looked on J&M's website and they sell the helmet with the headset already integrated. I contacted them and was told that they couldn't sell me the integration set that it had to be custom installed. If you want to ship the helmet here we will install it for you for $75 each (wife got one as well) plus the cost of the headset which is $150 or $230 depending on which series you get and who knows about shipping costs. Needless to say I was none to pleased.

I looked around and found a different company that makes head sets and also makes the integration set for the scorpion helmet. Costs was $90 each. when I recieved them, the speakers are not even half the thickness of the J&M speakers. The sound is better as well. My wife noticed a big difference in the sound right away. The only drawback is that I have a stubby shield 8" and wear the helmet as a 3/4 most of the time and there is a little bit of wind noise from my mic. After I turned the Mic volume down a bit it is better and you can still hear the radio and the passenger fine.

You can find the headsets at http://www.imcmoto.com. The set that works with our bikes is the Goldwing sets.

Sorry for writing a book. :smile5:

:080402gudl_prv:

I have a 5 pin system. That is what intriged me. I just don't know enough about the electronics on these things espessially since mine is 23 years old. I'm going to pursue this further. I've been looking for a quality INEXPENSIVE pair of headsets. THANKS!

I have a 5 pin system. That is what intriged me. I just don't know enough about the electronics on these things espessially since mine is 23 years old. I'm going to pursue this further. I've been looking for a quality INEXPENSIVE pair of headsets. THANKS!

Well considering how often they seem to update things on these bikes.:crackup::crackup::crackup:

They are probably using the same one on both gens...:080402gudl_prv: