IGNORED

Somebody up there REALLY likes me....!!

Condor

So Mama asks me to go up to the store and pick up a couple of things she needs. I didn't want to get out of the recliner, but she also mentioned Ice Cream. I moved.... On the way to the store I get behind a neat little Honda Trail 90. Mint condition. We both stop at the signal light on the main drag and wait. We get a green light and arrow. The Honda goes across the blvd, I make a left. The Honda gets to the other side of the 4 lanes and I'm about 20 feet behind him making the left and right between us a late model Toyota type flys thru the intersection doing about 40mph. Scared the living cr@p out of me. Missed the front end of the Suburban by 2 feet. If I had been in a hurry I'd have been laying next to Ponch. Not really sure I would have made it, and if the driver had hit the Honda he'd have killed him.... Whew!! Ice Cream tasted extra special tonight....

Considering where we live in relation to you, I guess you could say we are "UP there" .... and yes, we do like you... so be careful out there (and that applies to everyone here)!

Glad you only lost some "Living cr@p " on that one!

Glad you are ok. Seems this kind of thing is happening alot lately, yesterday had a dump truck run a red light in front of me, a van ran a stop sign in front of me, a pickup truck insisted in following me at 2 feet, I went to stop at a red light and wound up running it because the SUV behind me was not going to stop and did not. I don't understand why people do this and I do not think it would have made a difference if I had been in a car or truck instead of my bike.

Glad you are OK. Went all the way to Cody and back and the closest call I had was 1 kilometer from home. A woman in a big black SUV made a left right in front of me. Managed to just miss her. She was totally unaware. Yesterday at the same intersection two cars were stopped at signs and I was going along on the through road. Just as I got to them both cars started through the intersection. One guy saw me and hit the brakes but the other one never noticed me. Very close.

It is getting really crazy out there.

Yesterday a semi started to pull out from a stop sign from my right, he was making a left.

My dual BadBoyz did get him to slam on the binders to leave me enough room to scoot by in front of him without leaving my lane. Actually I was on the horns by the time he moved 2 feet. But all I could see was the back of his head cuz he was only looking for traffic from his right.

Does anyone look where they are going anymore?

It is getting really crazy out there.

Yesterday a semi started to pull out from a stop sign from my right, he was making a left.

My dual BadBoyz did get him to slam on the binders to leave me enough room to scoot by in front of him without leaving my lane. Actually I was on the horns by the time he moved 2 feet. But all I could see was the back of his head cuz he was only looking for traffic from his right.

Does anyone look where they are going anymore?

I'd suggest that he looked to the left first, didn't see you, then looked to the right and saw nothing and started moving out .... but chances are he'd have had to look again to the left, considering that he was making a left, and would have seen you .... BUT ... maybe not... it's all speculation and better to have the BADBOYZ BLARIN.

So, we stopped at a 7-11 store the other day while Nina quickly ran in to get something (she does do that quickly sometimes LOL). Now this is a small strip-mall area with parking adjacent to the street and a "drive-thru" space that is fairly wide. Along the curb in front of the stores is clearly painted (in several places) "NO PARKING". The primary reason is that if someone parks there, it is difficult to get your vehicle out of the designated parking spots.

All the spots were filled and sure enough, someone parks their car at the curbside. We are on the scoot so I pulled up behind that vehicle, close to the curb and sat there with engine running waiting for Nina. About then someone is trying to back out of a stall and of all the vehicles he could be driving... a late 70's, early 80's Caddy (big long sukkah) and he could't get out due to the car at the curb. So I get off the bike and go into the various stores trying to find the owner of the car at the curb.

Out comes this little old lady about 99 years old (she owns the car at the curb)... she just stands there and doesn't know what to do. Finally, Nina gets her to realize she has to get in her car and move it... so she inches forward a bit and the guy in the caddy gets his car out and leaves. Now remember, I am still on the bike at the curb but, I am angled a bit so I couldn't back up much .... and the old lady starts backing up... because she wanted to get her car into that spot.

I'm BLASTING my Stebel, Nina and a couple others are trying to get her to stop going in reverse...and she's about to ram me ... and I had no escape route. Finally she stops backing up and by that time, another parking spot a bit further on came open and she went into it.

She told Nina that she didn't see me (of course).

Man-oh-man ... I was sweating there for a few minutes...bracing myself for the impact (even though she wasn't going very fast) ....

Question....with all the improvements they've been making in smaller and more powerful batteries, aren't we getting closer to portable 50,000 watt lasers? Watching a half blind, half wit, uncaring dipstick suddenly evaporate would be quite satisfying, don't you think?

Andy

Yup, I am up for that. Rick reminded me of a thing that happened to me. I had to go to the Dr. I parked the bike and went in. Most of the folks there were elderly women. This is a retirement area. I heard a crash outside and knew it was my bike. An old woman had backed over it and was busily trying to continue backing up and could not figure out why her car would not go any further back. I banged on her window and finally got her attention. I got her to come out and look at my bike under the back wheels of her car. Her response " What is it doing under there? Get out out at once!" :confused24: