I was just wondering if anyone knows what the inside of the factory exhaust looks like. My 84 still has the factory exhaust on it. It has a few patches welded on it, and a few more pin holes. If feasable, I was wondering if one could cut it open, and put a new cover on it (just to keep it looking original)..........ok, just to cheap to go buy another one. Anyone have any ideas. CBMMA

my exhaust on my 87 sounds funny like there is an air leak--when I had it in for some repairs they told me there was rust in it and the part that would need to be replaced is like $650.00. Anyone else have this problem? They told me it won't hurt to run it that way.

Wow!!! Heck of a price. Although I quickly looked it over I didn't find any reference that they would fit the 1stGen.

If you went to their site, and put in all the specs, that is the exhaust that comes up. There is a button to make selections, and of course the prices go up, but still farily cheap. Just not sure if the all fit, or just 1 or 2.

And as you mention GaryZ, it doesn't seem to. Not sure if straight will work

Edited by easternrider
added more

If you went to their site, and put in all the specs, that is the exhaust that comes up. There is a button to make selections, and of course the prices go up, but still farily cheap. Just not sure if the all fit, or just 1 or 2.

And as you mention GaryZ, it doesn't seem to. Not sure if straight will work

I did go to their site, and I'd need more reassurance that these will actually fit a 1stGen than a response from a site search engine... I recently bought a RAM mount for my Garmin GPS using their site search engine. Spent $40 bucks on it and it didn't work. So sometimes these sites take liberties and stretch the facts just a little. I suspect the mufflers are more a generic fit, and are not a plug and play....