IGNORED

Cool highway

IH Truck Guy

Hauled a load last week from Pasco,Wa. to Grass Valley,Ca....

I ran 395 70 49 and 89 to the top of Donner Pass in Truckee...

Then ran I80 to Highway 20 down the hill into Grass Valley...

It would have been way better on the bike,but that stretch of 20 was real cool....:thumbsup2:

I was on it at 5pm local time and quite a bit of traffic...

Hauled a load last week from Pasco,Wa. to Grass Valley,Ca....

I ran 395 70 49 and 89 to the top of Donner Pass in Truckee...

Then ran I80 to Highway 20 down the hill into Grass Valley...

It would have been way better on the bike,but that stretch of 20 was real cool....:thumbsup2:

I was on it at 5pm local time and quite a bit of traffic...

Missed the turn off for Hwy 49 and ended up running that stretch of 20. Nice road....

I found so many great roads when I was driving OTR where I wished I'd had the bike instead. Tried to keep track of places to ride back to so I could enjoy the scenery.

I made one trip from Idaho to Dillion, CO., with a load of lumber that had a scheduled delivery at 7:00 Am the next morning so I could grab a load headed home. There was a snow storm headed my way and it was getting dark. I mapped out a short route and ran though the night and had about zero visiablity most the night. It was in interesting drive for sure. So many switchbacks the compass was making me dizzy.

I pulled into the delivery about 4:30 AM and hit the bunk. I woke up to somebody beating on my door and looked out a couple of guys staring at me. They asked me when I got there. Told 'em. Then asked me HOW in the HECK did I got there. Ran off some of the roads I had taken and they just looked at me like I had come from another planet.

Seems I had gone over Rabbit Ears Pass during the night in the middle of a blizzard and taken a few short cuts that, well I shouldn't have been on. The pass had been closed for two days and the Interstate had been closed the day before both directions.

They shook my hand and took me out to breafast and wanted to hear how the drive had been. I thought is was kinda odd but ya know, free food.

I was stuck there for two days before I could get out.

But a couple years later I was out that way on a ride and decided to take a look at where I had been that night. Shouldn't have done that. If I could have seen where I was that night I probably would have parked the truck and left it there. I was too busy wrestling the bike to look at the scenery and didn't want to look at some of the drop offs along the road.

I stopped at one wide spot along a drop off and was looking at a meadow at the bottom that was a beautiful green field. A jeep rolled by then stopped and backed up to see if I was alright. Told him no problem just was looking at the meadow as I was surprised by it in such a rocky place. He just laughed an agreed then told me there had been a flatbed truck that had gone over the edge a year ago with 48,000 lbs of Kentucky Bluegrass seed on board. He laughed and said "It sure perked the place up."

I had goosebumps for the next 100 miles.

There are places I still plan to go back to but I seen enough of that one.

Didn't mean to hijack but I got to thinking about some of those places I had been.

Mike

I found so many great roads when I was driving OTR where I wished I'd had the bike instead. Tried to keep track of places to ride back to so I could enjoy the scenery.

I made one trip from Idaho to Dillion, CO., with a load of lumber that had a scheduled delivery at 7:00 Am the next morning so I could grab a load headed home. There was a snow storm headed my way and it was getting dark. I mapped out a short route and ran though the night and had about zero visiablity most the night. It was in interesting drive for sure. So many switchbacks the compass was making me dizzy.

I pulled into the delivery about 4:30 AM and hit the bunk. I woke up to somebody beating on my door and looked out a couple of guys staring at me. They asked me when I got there. Told 'em. Then asked me HOW in the HECK did I got there. Ran off some of the roads I had taken and they just looked at me like I had come from another planet.

Seems I had gone over Rabbit Ears Pass during the night in the middle of a blizzard and taken a few short cuts that, well I shouldn't have been on. The pass had been closed for two days and the Interstate had been closed the day before both directions.

They shook my hand and took me out to breafast and wanted to hear how the drive had been. I thought is was kinda odd but ya know, free food.

I was stuck there for two days before I could get out.

But a couple years later I was out that way on a ride and decided to take a look at where I had been that night. Shouldn't have done that. If I could have seen where I was that night I probably would have parked the truck and left it there. I was too busy wrestling the bike to look at the scenery and didn't want to look at some of the drop offs along the road.

I stopped at one wide spot along a drop off and was looking at a meadow at the bottom that was a beautiful green field. A jeep rolled by then stopped and backed up to see if I was alright. Told him no problem just was looking at the meadow as I was surprised by it in such a rocky place. He just laughed an agreed then told me there had been a flatbed truck that had gone over the edge a year ago with 48,000 lbs of Kentucky Bluegrass seed on board. He laughed and said "It sure perked the place up."

I had goosebumps for the next 100 miles.

There are places I still plan to go back to but I seen enough of that one.

Didn't mean to hijack but I got to thinking about some of those places I had been.

Mike

Great story . . . Thanks for sharing :)