IGNORED

Wheel seals leaking on my H/F tag along.

wes0778

Finally got the bike and trailer all checked out and ready to pack for tomorrow.

I have noticed for a bit that the wheel seals may have been leaking, as there is grease on the inside of both wheels. I pulled the caps this afternoon, just to be sure everything is ok. Well both wheels are still full of grease, but the seals are worn. I think that is because the seal surfaces on the axle was never polished. I can still feel the tool marks where it was turned down. When we get back from Vogel I think I'm gonna make a warranty claim against H/F, for a new axle.

Just wondering if any of you with H/F trailers have run into the same thing? :confused24:

Nope...

But perhaps the inside seal pushed out when you greased it last?

This happened to me when I tore apart, cleaned the bearings in diesel fuel, air hosed and drilled wheel on inside, threaded and installed grease zerks and repacked with marine grade grease as i also use it for my jet ski.

My HF trailer is a 2005 model and I never could find a "bearing buddy" that would actually fit as they are a screwy size...

Walt,

I have seen a couple of the shafts have weld spatter on them and right where that seal goes over. You might not be far off with the shaft needing to be polished a bit better. If you find that the rough grind caused it I would see about a claim on it and when the new one arrives polish the whole thing up. We have to remember that the HF trailer is a China made unit with pretty crappy QC...

Hey you dont need that nasty grease in there anyway....

:whistling:

If it rains and it is long ride there might not be any left if the seals are bad. :stirthepot:

crappy QC...[/QUOTE]

Crappy Quality control means they may have some :think:

Brad