IGNORED

Bike Shipping - Who to use?

clowe

My wife and I are planning to motor around the east coast next summer around June. In order to have more riding we are planning on shipping the bike to Va and working our way back to Idaho.

Having never done this before I thought I'd see if anyone here has ever shipped their bike. I'd like to know

Who did you use?

How was the pickup done?

How was the delivery done? Did you have to be there to meet it or could they hold it until you showed up?

Were you satisfied?

Anything I need to look out for?

Thanks for any help.

I sold a dirtbike on ebay and the guy who bought it used this company

http://www.haulbikes.com/haulbikes.html

I was extremely impressed with the rig that showed up and this is all that they do. If I was in a position to have to have a bike shipped, these are the folks that I would use :happy34:

I've used those people before to deliver a bike that I bought off Ebay. They did a good job and the bike arrived in good shape but it took longer than expected. I was in no hurry so it wasn't an issue but if you are shipping it and need it there on a specific date, make sure that they understand that and allow extra time.

My wife and I are planning to motor around the east coast next summer around June. In order to have more riding we are planning on shipping the bike to Va and working our way back to Idaho.

Heck,

I'ld just about be willing to come up there and get it, ride it to VA for you, if I could get a ride back home......:thumbsup2:

Heck,

I'ld just about be willing to come up there and get it, ride it to VA for you, if I could get a ride back home......:thumbsup2:

took the words right out of my mouth:lightbulb:

Heck,

Here's a hint ! :thumbsup2:

The All Mighty "Thumb" ! Has good use other than sitting on it ! :rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

Back in the day , best freind and I hitched-hiked all the way from SA Texas to Main , then to Nevada and back home to Texas . That thumb got us around as well as hopping trains , 18 wheelers , and a car load of available females :whistling::whistling: . Never the less , it was an adventure for almost 3 months . Oh the memories ....................

Oh back to the subject ..... Eck , we can do a Venture rider 2 up relay . You would look adorable on the back seat ! :rotf::rotf:

Beer30

Who did you use? Haul Bikes

How was the pickup done? In my driveway by a rider/driver.

How was the delivery done? Did you have to be there to meet it or could they hold it until you showed up? They were called and it was put in the garage.

Were you satisfied? Very.

Anything I need to look out for? Read the fine print and make sure you agree with the paperwork they fill out for condition.

Wish I could remember the company I used. It was a 3rd party outfit that used Haul. Might take a bit longer but it was 1/2 the price of regular shipping. Sent an RSV to North Dakota in the winter so he didn't care when it got there, and ACE1100 to NC.

Neither shipments were excessively long.

Heck,

I don't know anything about shipping bikes ..................................................................................................... Let me know if any Virginia help is needed.

See, I bet Riderduke would tote you home bi*ch, Eck! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of shipping my bike from OKlahoma to Washington state, to be able to ride home after our Alaska Cruise. Who would I ship the bike to? Would a dealership accept the shipment, or who would I ship it to? The bike may be there a couple of days before we retrieved it.

thanks

I am thinking of shipping my bike from OKlahoma to Washington state, to be able to ride home after our Alaska Cruise. Who would I ship the bike to? Would a dealership accept the shipment, or who would I ship it to? The bike may be there a couple of days before we retrieved it.

thanks

Maybe check with the members in the area. Where does the cruise end???????

• 12 years later...

Bit old thread but important one. I think i add my experience as i recently shipped my motorcycle so anyone with similar query can find out new option . I used using Citizenshipper service. They offer quiet good bike shipping service in affordable pricing. I am satisfied with their service.

One more important thing i want to tell. The packing that you want you want to do should be in such a way so that it will be protected from every aspect. If the road is not constructed  properly then there are higher chances of your vehicle meeting the danger situations due to which to protect your vehicle from various accidents is important.