IGNORED

Briggs Stratton Engine ?

GolfVenture

I pulled the carb bowl and the bowel was clean, except the float was stuck and freeded it up, sprayed Sea Foam lub in the area.

Now I pull and pull and pull but will not start. Pull the plug and cleaned it. Tested the pulg and it sparks with each rev of the cylinder. Sprayed starter fluid into the cylinder. The engine runs untill the started fluid runs out. Did this several times but will not keep running.

Need to get a carb rebuild kit for it. Don't forget to get a primer bulb also. Make sure you blow compressed air through out the carb (bout 20 psi should work) and watch out for the little o ring in where the needle jet is. Kit will come with new gaskets, float,o ring and needle. Nuttin to it...

Id say fuel delivery of some sort. Carb plugged fuel filter plugged line. My mower had an intermittent problem which was something floating in fuel tank that would plug the intake of the fuel line tank was big but initially didnt see the paper floating in there. Would plug the intake and kill motor once motor died it floated out of view. Bedeviled me for awhile.

Nuttin special...screw driver and couple of sockets or wrenches...maybe a pair of pliers also...Use a bolt to plug the gas line after you take it off the carb. I use a cone shaped rubber plug which works great. You'll be a pro after this....:cool10:

I pulled the carb bowl and the bowel was clean, except the float was stuck and freeded it up, sprayed Sea Foam lub in the area.

Now I pull and pull and pull but will not start. Pull the plug and cleaned it. Tested the pulg and it sparks with each rev of the cylinder. Sprayed starter fluid into the cylinder. The engine runs untill the started fluid runs out. Did this several times but will not keep running.

Did you turn the fuel back on after pulling the bowl? Just saying

Didn't shut the fuel off. Actually don't know if it has one. I just tied the fuel hose up higher than the fuel tank level. Its just a small engine for my 1750 psi pressure washer.

I'll try Condor's hand method tomorrow morning. Only I'll have to use something else besides my hand otherwise I will not be able to pull the rope.

Funny thing, I have an antique Briggs Stratton Rototiller about 52 years old. It has at times sat for 5 or more years without doing nothing to it. Just put gas in the tank, pull the choke then about 5 pulls and it starts right up.

Grass cutting here probably to the end of October... but why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?

We didn't get much rain here in July and first week or so of August so the grass went dormant. Didn't have to cut it !

I wish, the grass is still growing like mad here and no sign of slowing down.....

Brian