IGNORED

What do Y'all think about this trailer?

Squidley

You and I are thinking the same thing, tapered fwd top to bottom and a flip lid with some gas struts. At some point I might make a move on a trailer like this, I really think it's a nice looking setup

:thumbsup2:

Make the box removable so it would still be a duel use trailer.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, nice Squidley. You have got almost everyone guessing. I have got to get my hitch attached to bike. Nice, I likey that a lot. Took some searching, but here it is $895.00 + $139.00 to ship.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130536939978

Fuzzy

No doubting at all that you could probably build this Squidley. I was just curious if it was on the internet. A nice trailer for the money, I do not think you could beat the price either. I really like the looks. I have been wondering about something like that to haul camping equipment/chairs/small propane stove maybe and try camping a night or two. Sorry Suidley, I did not mean to imply anything else other than this.After reading this again to myself, I thought maybe you might or someone else might have taken me the wrong way. Sorry..........

Fuzzy

No worries Fuzzy, if I had the time to tinker then I absolutely could and would build something like that. For less than a grand when you factor in your time it's almost not worth it. I'll definitely keep this in mind when it's time to have another trailer

The only advantage I can see would be if one would put an enclosed container of some type on it that has WHEELS.

This way, when you get to a Hotel, you could just wheel everything into the Hotel room - not having to unpack then repack in the morning.

craigr

Guest tx2sturgis

I prefer an open trailer behind the bike...you can bungee oddly-shaped things down that dont fit well in a little streamlined cargo box. Such as a couple of propane bottles! Or camping gear...which is bit less risky to pull in traffic.

And the little bag means an easy carry-in for the motels. Things like grills or chairs can stay bungeed to the trailer. I always seek out the little motels where you can park right by your door.

One cool thing about open trailers: hardly any cosmetic maintenance. A garden hose cleans it up pretty good...no waxing...no polishing, and very little rock-chip damage while on the road.

I do see a couple of small negatives: Those wide tires and the wide axle will catch more wind and maybe hydroplane during heavy rain...so slow down. And the fenders look like they have sharp edges front and rear, so be careful when walking around them..you might end up with some scarfed-up shins!

Edited by tx2sturgis

You and I are thinking the same thing, tapered fwd top to bottom and a flip lid with some gas struts. At some point I might make a move on a trailer like this, I really think it's a nice looking setup

make it a quick attach box so it easy to remove from the trailer:thumbsup2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-Wrangler-YJ-CJ-stainless-hood-latches-NEW-/180711154794?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1339646a

just add a small arm on the back side so when not in use you could turn them around and hook them to the arm to keep them from rattling

Dray

Thanks, I sent for a quote to get an ideal of the pricing. If I go for a trailer in the future, this would possibly be it. According to the price range though. Thanks for the post birin. I like the idea of using the car hauler box and being able to adjust somewhat. I went for the polish look and wheel locks and a 360 degree swivel hitch couple. I have my doubts here though, I am going to say that these trailers are expensive. And the only real downfall to me would be this, would this trailer rattle down the road a lot ? Since it is adjustable.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

I was wondering if you got a price for this unit yet?

I was wondering if you got a price for this unit yet?

Nope, I have not gotten any reply as yet. I just went through my e-mails and nothing there. I might go back to the site and send another e-mail for info and ask them why they have not answered my quote request.

Fuzzy Ps; just sent them an e-mail......

Edited by FuzzyRSTD
ps

I am going to be the Guinea pig here. I plan to buy one in the next two weeks, and will write a report as to my feelings at that time. That being said, I have towed tanks and everything that weighs less than a tank, but have never towed with a bike before. So, my experience in this matter is highly limited, so at the next meet and eat, I will ask another member to try it as well.

Guest tx2sturgis
I am going to be the Guinea pig here. I plan to buy one in the next two weeks, and will write a report as to my feelings at that time. That being said, I have towed tanks and everything that weighs less than a tank, but have never towed with a bike before. So, my experience in this matter is highly limited, so at the next meet and eat, I will ask another member to try it as well.

Whatcha gonna buy?

:think:

Nothing was ever received from them. Even after another e-mail. So as far as I know/care, they are out of business.

Am I missing something here?? The Rally Wagon is listed on Ebay. If this is the one everyone is posting about it's $895 plus $139 to ship. The link was posted back in the first 4 or 5 replies....

http://www.pod-ium.com/PODIUM-motorcycle-luggage-trailer-aluminum.html

Same approach but the trailer expands and contracts

Could haul a fiberglass box, golf clubs. bikes etc etc

Problem - more expensive

Am I missing something here?? The Rally Wagon is listed on Ebay. If this is the one everyone is posting about it's $895 plus $139 to ship. The link was posted back in the first 4 or 5 replies....

Sorry Condor, guess this thread kinda got robbed from me a little. I posted about this trailer (Podium) from birin's post. I did the questions and sent it to them for a quote.

Fuzzy