IGNORED

Aluma MCT Trailer Tire ?

Long Tall

Bought the MCT from a forum member in the spring...I have had the trailer out a couple of times in the last few weeks getting use to it behind the RSV before taking off for South Dakota on the 3rd......Last weekend I noticed the right tire on the trailer was low/almost flat.....Filled it up to 55lbs and this AM noticed it was flat again. These are basically NEW tires...Previous owner never used the trailer...Ran some H2O over the tire and found a small..and I mean small leak in the middle of the tread...pinhole almost...Took it to get it plugged and an inside patch..Did I say me and the wife are L

leaving for South Dakota on the 3rd)

Question ???...in looking a the tire I noticed that these Stock Tires are 2 ply...I am concerned that if it picked up something this easy on a couple of test drives...Should I go out and invest in some 6 ply tires?.....Can pick up a couple at Tractor Supply for about $90-$100...:confused24:

I do have a spare in case one of the stock tires picks something up during the trip......

Long Tall

Lynchburg, VA

I dont know about 2 ply vs 6 ply but 55 pounds is WAAAY too much air in that tire.

I have been running 25 pounds in my Aluma MCT tires for around 30000 miles and they still look new. (Wish I could get that kind of mileage out of the MC tires).:(

I carry a plug kit and pump instead of a spare.

I dont know about 2 ply vs 6 ply but 55 pounds is WAAAY too much air in that tire.

I have been running 25 pounds in my Aluma MCT tires for around 30000 miles and they still look new. (Wish I could get that kind of mileage out of the MC tires).:(

I carry a plug kit and pump instead of a spare.

I agree...put the 55lbs. in them to make sure there was no leaks....Per this forum...I was thinking about 25-30 lbs....Now I know it will be 25....TKS

Long Tall

Lynchburg, VA