IGNORED

Need Prayers for Ponch!!!

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good news come on ponch you can do it. and my prayers are still going out for the doctors as well dear lord guide the hands of your healers down here

let them heal this wonderfull man. ease his pain mend his wounds. and let him stay. in jesus name

amen:bighug:

Such great hear..news to hear Brad...thanks

(Quote) His daughter Shannon said he looks like Bozo the clown

New site name for Ponch maybe? (Ponzo or Ponozo)...:cool10::rotf:

I am thinking pics are in order now.

But great news, Ponch, prayers are being sent every day.

Thanks for the updates Brad. This is a hard lesson about Helmets. Those that remember the pics I posted of my Fullface the last time I went down know I wouldn't be here if not for that thing. I would love to wear a 1/2 brain bucket. But I'm not going to do it. I have a nice 3/4 I've slipped on a few times lately with the heat and it feels good. But I'm going to be rethinking that.

Prayers will continue for a full recovery.

:sign yeah that: I'm rethinking my helmet options and mesh riding jacket!!!

Just got off the phone with Monkey Boy and we have some more good news.

:banana:

After lunch today they started to wean David off the pain meds, probably to start to get him to be more awake as pain has a tendency to wake you up. He is sleeping on his own though, so the sedation is wearing off which is what they want. The swelling is continuing to go down on his brain. He is understanding what is being asked of him, they asked for a thumbs up and he gave them half a one. Same thing when asked for a peace sign, half of one, he's obviously still weak.

When they wipe him off he is squinting his eyes, probably from pain, but his motor skills are there and working. They have him on low doses of pain meds right now. Kathy mentioned that his face is starting to come back to normal as the swelling is starting to go down.

Later in this afternoon after one of his sleeping spells he woke back up and tried to grab the tubes and pull them out of his mouth. Feisty bugger he is, he also looked directly at Kathy and Shannon, they waved at him and he waved back, so he recognizes them. This is great news as hopefully he doesn't have any amnesia.

I am cautiously optimistic and hope that he continues to make strides in a positive direction. Keep in mind he is no where's near where he needs to be, but seems to be improving by the day. If our power in numbers prayers are working then lets keep it up. I am very excited about this and my only wish is to get him where he can have some visitors and go and see him :thumbsup2: