IGNORED

Need Prayers for Ponch!!!

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It happened about 45miles west of Houston on hwy 290 in Waller, Tx, noe one else involved, no cars around him, no other bikes and he was solo. No new up dates at this time.

K

Like so many others I'm logging in often just to see if there are updates on Ponch's condition. Hoping for the best!

Any word on where the accident took place or if anyone else was involved?

No additional news...just a little reflection

I truly, and I mean this with all my heart, can't thank you all enough for your support during this time with Ponch. We often say on here how we are a family, and it's times like these that we truly are. I know many of you that know David and Kathy pain as I do over this. I'll be totally honest here, I am afraid, I'm afraid for David. This is a horrific thing to overcome and deal with, his battle has just begun as many of you know the road to recovery, god willing he makes that journey, will be as hard as the accident.

It's times like these that I get a bit melancholy and realize how many lives are touched by any, and all of us. I appreciate my life more, and the people I choose to be in it. Thank you all again for sharing your lives here with all of us, and for those of you that have spent time with David, thank you for being there for him and with him. God bless all of us.....and especially you Ponch

I was fortunate enough to meet some of the Houston gang not long ago when Jamie and I went to Houston to pick up a motor. Ponch and Lil Bit were there and we really enjoyed meeting them. It is very, very, sad to read of this, Charlene, myself, Jamie and Paula send our prayers to the man upstairs and pray for a good report to this horrible situation.

Brad thanks to you and Lonna for keeping us posted...........God blesses all of us with caring friends, loving friends like you.

Thanks for the reflections Brad.

Don and I have been doing the same thing since we heard the news...going over the times we have been with Ponch and Lil Bit. They are just the sweetest couple and we would do anything for them.

We know he's in the biggest fight right now and pray that the man upstairs is listening to all of us. How could he not? There has been such an outpouring of love on here. What a great family we have and whatever Ponch or lil bit needs in the coming weeks / months...you know we will do our best to see that they get it...one way or another.

This VR family will come together like no other family.

And we continue to pray...and wait...

It happened about 45miles west of Houston on hwy 290 in Waller, Tx, no one else involved, no cars around him, no other bikes and he was solo. No new up dates at this time.

K

You can't help but to wonder what happened? It shakes your own thought of vulnerability. David is a very very experienced rider. Tire blew? Mechanical failure? Stray animal? Or did he have a sudden medical issue?

Continued prayers for the Lords healing hand on David and comfort to the family.

Mariner Fan sent me a text while I was on vacation. 1st time I have been able to login since I got in at 12:20 am.

Prayers go out to the Ponch family from our family for a full recovery. Also like others have mentioned prayers go out to the medical professions to guide them for all the hard decisions they have to make to get Ponch back up on his feet again.

Ponch and Lil Bit,

Our thought & PRAYERS will be with you Ponch..!! We only met you recently @ the VR Int Rally in Cody. We sat at the same table for the banquet and what a treat is was for Mark, Lee, Babe & I to get to meet Ponch & Lil Bit. GOD BLESS YOU BOTH!!

Patrolman46 & Babe :bobby: :223:

You can't help but to wonder what happened? It shakes your own thought of vulnerability. David is a very very experienced rider. Tire blew? Mechanical failure? Stray animal? Or did he have a sudden medical issue?

Same things, that I was wondering about.... The only good thing, is that Lil Bit wasn't on the scoot, during this trip.

:fingers-crossed-emo for you Ponch.

Gosh Brad,

This just breaks my heart as David and I started a friendship 4 years ago when I reworked his seats and then 3 years ago when my friend Rex Adams and I rode with Ponch and Goose up to Don's for Maintence Day. Then we also shared a bond as member vendors where I helped him test out his first guage plates.

And Linda and I share his and Kathy's pain as we both spent a week in the Englewood, CO hospital in 2004 from going down on I-25 at Castlerock. And then I went down again in 2006 and Linda got the call that I was in the ER. There is not a worse helpless feeling than learning your partner is in the ER being operated on. I'm a firm believer that when it's my time to go, it's my time especially since I only have 3 of my 9 lives left. But I'm sure that David is a fighter and he will pull through this, especially knowing the countless VentureRider friends who are pulling and praying for he and Kathy. And I'm really happy that Kathy was not with him because we don't need to be praying for 2 of our friends.

And I'm guessing from his facial injuries that he was wearing a 3/4 helmet. But for the rest of us, I can't stress enough the value of a full face helmet (and protective gear) especially after all the times I have dug in head first on the pavement.

I know you won't, but let me know if you need anything down there as they are not that far from where we live. And are prayers are with them.

Rick

No additional news...just a little reflection

I truly, and I mean this with all my heart, can't thank you all enough for your support during this time with Ponch. We often say on here how we are a family, and it's times like these that we truly are. I know many of you that know David and Kathy pain as I do over this. I'll be totally honest here, I am afraid, I'm afraid for David. This is a horrific thing to overcome and deal with, his battle has just begun as many of you know the road to recovery, god willing he makes that journey, will be as hard as the accident.

It's times like these that I get a bit melancholy and realize how many lives are touched by any, and all of us. I appreciate my life more, and the people I choose to be in it. Thank you all again for sharing your lives here with all of us, and for those of you that have spent time with David, thank you for being there for him and with him. God bless all of us.....and especially you Ponch