IGNORED

GW Highway pegs for the passenger

Midrsv

If you are looking for more comfort for your passenger check this out. I recently installed a pair of Kuryakyn highway pegs for the passenger on my Goldwing. My wife has now ridden with them a couple of times and she said they do make the ride more comfortable and they allow her to move her feet around. They don't get in my way at all and when not in use they just fold flat against the side cover and they add more chrome. Here are some photos.

Dennis

I like them... I like them a lot... in fact...you now have my total interest

So what are the exact Kuryakyn part numbers you used?

Any chance of a Pic or instructions on how you attached them ..That would be really cool...

You can send me a p-email or post here ..or call me...phone # in profile

Yep, looks like something I do want..:mo money:

Eck,

They are Kuryakyn part number KU7016. Here is the link from Wingstuff.

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/5_kuryakyn/32957_passenger_cruise_pegs/

They bolt up to the outside of the passenger boards using the same bolt holes as the original boards only with longer screws. It took no more than 10 minutes to install them. Here is a photo I grabbed from Wingstuff showing the mounting holes. If you look at your floorboard mount it will be very apparent where they fit.

I looked at the switchblade boards but these seemed to offer more leg movement.

Dennis

Edited by Midrsv

Thanks Dennis

Once I saw the picture of just the foot rest I could see how they mounted.

They look very sturdy...

Do they get in the way of YOUR feet, or inner legs, when coming to a stop?

Thanks Dennis

Do they get in the way of YOUR feet, or inner legs, when coming to a stop?

The only time I notice them is if they are folded out when I am backing out of a parking spot. The back of my leg hits them. One other time I put my foot down before coming to a complete stop and I felt them as my leg moved toward the rear. If I get in stop and go city traffic I would probably have her fold them in just so I had maximum room to move my legs if needed. They are positioned significantly behind the riders foot peg and I think for me to feel them while riding I would have to move my foot completely behind the riders peg which isn't going to happen with these knees. Attached are a couple of photos to show the mounting and position relative to the rider's pegs

Dennis

You may also want to look at the Rivco flip forward passenger pegs that mount inboard of thestock passenger floorboards. They flip foward, are "height adjustable" via a cammed bushing on the front and fold back behind the floorboards when you don't want them. They are NOT in my way and the wife really likes them a lot. They are similar to the Kury switchblades but they are inboard of the floorboards rather than outboard, lessening the chance for 'em trapping a passengers foot in a get off.