IGNORED

Anybody have a spare....

Awning/cover for the tape deck? I have a slight misalignment issue due to the TCI being mounted inside the fairing there- causes a small gap around the outboard side of the tape deck and how it lies down in the recess. I figure I can keep the majority of water away from the area with the awning and then seal it up the rest of the way with electrical tape (service removable) or RTV (permanently affixed- not good).

Awning/cover for the tape deck? I have a slight misalignment issue due to the TCI being mounted inside the fairing there- causes a small gap around the outboard side of the tape deck and how it lies down in the recess. I figure I can keep the majority of water away from the area with the awning and then seal it up the rest of the way with electrical tape (service removable) or RTV (permanently affixed- not good).

Why not take the tape deck out and create a small box in that spot for storage. You can jumper the connections so the sounds system doesnt need it pretty easily.

Brian

Why not take the tape deck out and create a small box in that spot for storage. You can jumper the connections so the sounds system doesnt need it pretty easily.

There "might" be a time when I want to listen to something on tape... ha!

There "might" be a time when I want to listen to something on tape... ha!

That was my first thought too although more specifically replace it with an MP3 player. If you ever want to listen to a tape stifle it and put the music from the tape on the MP3.