IGNORED

Handlebar Lever Reach - A Fix

Hello,

After riding my "new to me" '99 RSV for a few weeks, there was something about the control levers which I couldn't put my finger on. Oh.... that's it.... I have small hands and have now noticed that the shape of the Venture's levers are a bit odd. The designed shape don't really work well for a smaller hand. After searching around a little, I've come up with a solution, get yourself a hold of the OEM (or aftermarket) levers from the first generation Royal Star say a 1996 model. These levers have a different shape which is better suited to a smaller hand, and bolt right up to the RSV's master cylinders. Please see the attached pictures for a comparison.

Mike

Hello,

After riding my "new to me" '99 RSV for a few weeks, there was something about the control levers which I couldn't put my finger on. Oh.... that's it.... I have small hands and have now noticed that the shape of the Venture's levers are a bit odd. The designed shape don't really work well for a smaller hand. After searching around a little, I've come up with a solution, get yourself a hold of the OEM (or aftermarket) levers from the first generation Royal Star say a 1996 model. These levers have a different shape which is better suited to a smaller hand, and bolt right up to the RSV's master cylinders. Please see the attached pictures for a comparison.

Mike

Thanks.. I like this idea.. Same problem here. I can't really reach horn button while pulling in the clutch lever..if I needed to

Can anyone adjust the radio volume with their thumb while holding the clutch in?

Yeah no probs, I have ape hands and monkey toes..

The original poster confirmed something I have suspected all along.. the first gen bike levers are designed for girlie man hands.. the typical type of first gen riders I've encountered along the way ;)