IGNORED

Proud new owner of 89 Royale and 2nd gen is headed South

nkbjones

Finally found a deal to work and I am now the proud new owner of an 89 Venture Royale:cool10:. My 07 RSV is headed South shortly with Grey Ghost. It was with a heavy heart that I had to let the 07 go, but was eased by my new addition.

Rode the 89 into work this morning (1st time riding a 1st gen) and it is much different than a 2nd gen, but I loved the way it handled. Gonna get out tonight after work and take my girl for a ride (she already loves it after sitting on it last night)and the kids are quite excited about getting their first ride when they come back tomorrow night.

Finally found a deal to work and I am now the proud new owner of an 89 Venture Royale:cool10:. My 07 RSV is headed South shortly with Grey Ghost. It was with a heavy heart that I had to let the 07 go, but was eased by my new addition.

Rode the 89 into work this morning (1st time riding a 1st gen) and it is much different than a 2nd gen, but I loved the way it handled. Gonna get out tonight after work and take my girl for a ride (she already loves it after sitting on it last night)and the kids are quite excited about getting their first ride when they come back tomorrow night.

Oh yea, I remember you from the stay over at Sleeperhawk's a couple of years ago. Nate the inhaller and exhailer. I'm still trying to catch up on the lost sleep from that night.

You'll learn to love the 1st Gen. Having been riding an 07 Midnight over the past seven months I was glad to finish my 1st Gen project and get back on her. Not that the 2nd gen wasn't a nice ride I just like the 1st Gen better.

Yea, that was me...........I used to snore quite loudly, at least that's what everyone told me. Not sure why, but according to the kids and my girlfriend I don't snore much anymore.

Even though I don't have much experience with the 1st gens I am quite excited about having one. It is the best possible replacement for a 2nd gen and so far I am loving it.

I'll bet it's a pretty Blue color and I probably know who used to own it

:whistling:

Why yes it is a pretty blue.................two tone even, wonder who used to own it :think:

Cliff told me that you had it before him which is a bit ironic since the backrest on my RSV was from you old bike.

I am a little disappointed in the deal though Nate. You forgot to disclose the gender of your second gen. It must be a female, because it decided it wanted a new shoe on the front around exit 12 in Virginia.

It was still not a really bad experience, the ride started getting a little squirrely but I was able to get slowed down a pulled off before it went totally flat. I started airing it back up to see where the leak was and shortly after I had it up to 30 lbs, the tire blew. But, hey, I am on the side of the road and have no road rash so all was good.

Called AMA for roadside assistance. Sure they will tow me, but want to know where I want to go. I have no idea what is in the area, so they finally said there was a shop in New Boston, 57 miles away. Unfortunately they only cover 35 miles of towing, then you have to pay the providers going rate for the rest. I called my wife and got her to do some checking online. She came up with Stuarts Cycle Shop in Henderson NC. He came up to get me, trailered it back to his shop, put on an E3 for 275. Oh, and he isn't open on Saturday either (and did I mention it was already 3pm when I had the flat). I figure if they had towed me to New Boston I probably would have been there till Tuesday.

Other than that she runs great. I got tired of being soaked and got off the road at exit 91 in NC. I will finish this adventure tomorrow, God willing.

I am a little disappointed in the deal though Nate. You forgot to disclose the gender of your second gen. It must be a female, because it decided it wanted a new shoe on the front around exit 12 in Virginia.

It was still not a really bad experience, the ride started getting a little squirrely but I was able to get slowed down a pulled off before it went totally flat. I started airing it back up to see where the leak was and shortly after I had it up to 30 lbs, the tire blew. But, hey, I am on the side of the road and have no road rash so all was good.

Called AMA for roadside assistance. Sure they will tow me, but want to know where I want to go. I have no idea what is in the area, so they finally said there was a shop in New Boston, 57 miles away. Unfortunately they only cover 35 miles of towing, then you have to pay the providers going rate for the rest. I called my wife and got her to do some checking online. She came up with Stuarts Cycle Shop in Henderson NC. He came up to get me, trailered it back to his shop, put on an E3 for 275. Oh, and he isn't open on Saturday either (and did I mention it was already 3pm when I had the flat). I figure if they had towed me to New Boston I probably would have been there till Tuesday.

Other than that she runs great. I got tired of being soaked and got off the road at exit 91 in NC. I will finish this adventure tomorrow, God willing.

OMG, I am so sorry that you had that problem and glad that it relatively well and most important.........no road rash. I hope the rest of your trip back today is uneventful.

I rode to work yesterday and am quite enjoying the 1st gen. I took ALicia for a ride after work last night and she likes it and might even like it more than the 2nd gen. I was loosing juice fast last night while we were riding and when we got back I only had a about 2 volts left on the battery. I tried to start he again when we were back and there wasn't enough so I put it back onto charge overnight again. Something seems to be keeping it from charging while riding, not sure what yet but I'll get it figured out.