IGNORED

Cool camping trip

Venturous Randy

With the miserable hot weather we have been having, Linda and I decided to load up the little camper and take off to the mountains. We ended up staying at Mt Pisgah Campground, which is about 5,000 feet up and about 25 miles south of Asheville, NC. The temps on that part of the parkway were about 75 degrees and Thursday morning temperature was 58 degrees. We did get into some heat when we went down to Brevard and ate on Thursday evening and again when going to Cherokee, NC yesterday. We had a little rain shower in Cherokee and it cooled off then we headed back up the mountain. We are supposed to have rain tonight and tomorrow and being up there with it being cool and wet was enough for us to come back to Johnson City for the weekend and maybe we will go somewhere again Monday if we can find someplace cool.

The only downer was two couples that came in Thursday night and set up their tents next to us and they were loud and about every sentence had the F word and the women were worse then the guys. As we were packing up to leave this morning, I mentioned it to one of the maintenance men picking up trash and within about five minutes one of the Rangers were giving them a little visit. There were several families close by that had small kids that were easily within hearing them.

I am always a little anxious pulling the camper as it weighs about 450 pounds loaded. The bike pulls it fine, even up the mountains, but slowing it down quickly would not be fun. Fortunately, everything went good.

RandyA

Daughter and I camped on the back side of Grandfather mtn and hiked part of the AT at Roan Mtn this Thurs-sat. Back home in clt and it is too dang hot.

Temps were wonderful most of the time. Like you, we had our first incident at a camp ground two nights in a row even after complaining. We left rather unhappy with management. This at a camp ground we use often.

Hope the rest of your trip is good. (wishing we were back at altitude)

One thing I forgot to mention, on Thursday night a little before dark as I was taking a shower and when I came back to the camper, Linda was standing beside it. She then proceeded to tell me that while she was sitting in one of the cloth chairs beside the picnic table, she heard a noise and a bear about two feet long was about ten feet from her trying to get into a plastic bag she had hung on the bushes. It scared her and when she jumped up it took off. She asked me what I would have done and I said I wasn't scared as long as I could run faster than she could.

Mark, I wish we could have met up with you.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

One thing I forgot to mention, on Thursday night a little before dark as I was taking a shower and when I came back to the camper, Linda was standing beside it. She then proceeded to tell me that while she was sitting in one of the cloth chairs beside the picnic table, she heard a noise and a bear about two feet long was about ten feet from her trying to get into a plastic bag she had hung on the bushes. It scared her and when she jumped up it took off. She asked me what I would have done and I said I wasn't scared as long as I could run faster than she could.

Mark, I which we could have met up with you.

RandyA

All I did was paint a kitchen and bathroom ......

.... She asked me what I would have done and I said I wasn't scared as long as I could run faster than she could.RandyA

Isn't that one of those things you are supposed to think as a husband but never say? Like when she asks you if you think she is gaining weight.... NEVER say YES !!!! Better to say "you look great".

Guest tx2sturgis

Great pictures but everything looks weird...I dunno....green...is that natural?

Its brown, tan, grey, and black around here.

:think:

Great pictures but everything looks weird...I dunno....green...is that natural?

Its brown, tan, grey, and black around here.

:think:

Yep, green is pretty natural around here. But, due to the heat and humidity we have been having, it is a little more hazy than normal, but this is also why this area is called the Smokey Mountains range. We did have some fog roll in on the morning the picture was taken of the camper.

RandyA