IGNORED

Road King Exhaust

lshafer

I'm interested in finding a set of Road King exhaust pipes for my 06 RSTD. Does anyone know of anyone or have any they might be interested in parting with? I think I need a bracket too, but I'm not sure which or where to get one.

My understanding is that Road King exhausts will give me a bit of sound without putting my wallet in too much jeopordy so I'd like to give them a shot. As long as my ears won't be ringing after an hour long ride, I'd be OK. Based on what I've read on around here, quite a few folks like them and it doesn't sound like they will have any type of negative impact on the performance of my bike.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sent you an email

I have a drawing on how to make the required muffler brackets for HD mufflers.

Heck, forget the email... I remembered I can place the drawing right here for you

see attachment

I've got a spare set in the shed - don't remember if they're 95 A or 98A, nearly new and not drilled. There are a couple ways to mount the rear, you can do it for $4 or $40 your choice but you will probably want to get the front clamp off ebay.

rbyrd5@neo.rr.com

Is there a difference between 95A & 98A? I mean, will one fit and one not or does it have something to do with NOISE or something. It would be great if you could clarify.

Guest scarylarry
I've got a spare set in the shed - don't remember if they're 95 A or 98A, nearly new and not drilled. There are a couple ways to mount the rear, you can do it for $4 or $40 your choice but you will probably want to get the front clamp off ebay.

rbyrd5@neo.rr.com

I too found the best place for the front bracket is e bay...

The rear can be made for as little of nothing if you know of a machine shop..

We cut about 50 sets at work in few hours horsing around, wish I had set left now but it is very easy to cut out

Sent you another email that has my son's cell number.

He said you can call him anytime.

When your done with his phone number make sure you post it in all the mens rest rooms everywhere you stop at....:rotf:

Eck

I bought a complete set that I purchased off Ponch's bike a couple years ago. Brackets, clamps everything to mount. Ran them for about 6 months love the sound around town but on road trips the sound got to the wife and I so i went back stock. I'll part with the full set for $75 plus shipping.

I too found the best place for the front bracket is e bay...

The rear can be made for as little of nothing if you know of a machine shop..

We cut about 50 sets at work in few hours horsing around, wish I had set left now but it is very easy to cut out

for the rear clamp, you can get 1 1/4" electrical emt clamps at lowes for $2 and a couple ss 1/4" bolts and washers - Get the clamp with the rubber insert -

Is there a difference between 95A & 98A? I mean, will one fit and one not or does it have something to do with NOISE or something. It would be great if you could clarify.

naw - they are the same muff, they don't have the catalytic converter in them, and I know they will work. I have mine drilled out front and rear. nice on acceleration and soothing on cruising.

I bought a complete set that I purchased off Ponch's bike a couple years ago. Brackets, clamps everything to mount. Ran them for about 6 months love the sound around town but on road trips the sound got to the wife and I so i went back stock. I'll part with the full set for $75 plus shipping.

If Ishafer isn't interested in your pipes I might be. I'm not sure how to IM you.

Graderman46 :bobby:

Let me check with Eck's son. I'll call him today and see what his thoughts are. If we can't come to an agreement then I'll let you know. Do you have any pics you could send me of them?

Thanks,

Les