IGNORED

Gauge Set by Ponch

Jactana

I ordered the gauge set that Ponch designed and sells to replace the cassette deck in our second gen Ventures. I just want to say to anyone considering it, ORDER IT NOW. It is a well thought out quality package with EVERYTHING you need to install. It comes with awesome instructions, should be a straight forward install. Thanks Ponch! Ron:bighug:

Guest scarylarry

You will love it, don't know if you got the tach or not, at the time he didn't offer it but still I'm a very happy camper with mine..

Very easy install to took me about 6 hrs start to finish, one thing I did different was and was shown by monty here was when you line the gauge bracket up use a small vise grip clamp it in place drill it and bolt then remove the clamp no room for error outside of that I would follow the directions, also I used a dremel tool for cuts..

The reserve hole saw is great but I felt safer with the dremel, also after you run it for a days or so check your oil connection at the motor mine was seeping and tighten up never leak since...

You will love it, don't know if you got the tach or not, at the time he didn't offer it but still I'm a very happy camper with mine..

Very easy install to took me about 6 hrs start to finish, one thing I did different was and was shown by monty here was when you line the gauge bracket up use a small vise grip clamp it in place drill it and bolt then remove the clamp no room for error outside of that I would follow the directions, also I used a dremel tool for cuts..

The reserve hole saw is great but I felt safer with the dremel, also after you run it for a days or so check your oil connection at the motor mine was seeping and tighten up never leak since...

Hi Larry, I did get the tach. I have one on the bike now on the handlebar made by Arlen Ness, however I wanted a cleaner look. I'll post a picture when I get everything installed. Ron:cool10:

Guest scarylarry

Will be looking for it...

Also look at what I was talking about on the brackets and see if that isn't easier for you..

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ponch, thanks again for the great gauge set up, all went smoothly with the install.:cool10: Do you want me to send you back the extra cruise switch? Ron

Ron, It's probably not worth the postage from your lacation. Just keep it.

Pounch,

How much do you get for your set up?I would like the one with the tach.How hard to install? Not one of my strong suits.

Little Bob, I am currently out of dash plates. Also, I have experienced long delivery times on the tachometers that some folks were not very happy about. If I can get them quicker and get some more plates, I'll re-post the ad.

Pounch,

How much do you get for your set up?I would like the one with the tach.How hard to install? Not one of my strong suits.

Sorry, I didn't answer all of your questions.

They sell for about $300.00 including shipping.

I don't think the installation is too bad, but I am very mechanically inclined. Maybe someone else will advise. I send very detailed instructions with the kit.

Ponch