IGNORED

THANK YOU, EARL! It runs like a............

Jayceesfolly

......... fine Swiss watch! Short version of a long story. Last fall I bought a 89 VR and took it to Earl and told him to do whatever it needed to make it run like new. Well, he kept the bike over the winter and spent many, many hours going thru the bike from top to bottom and front to back. He did everything but remove the engine from the frame. He sent me a two page list of all the things he did to the bike. In April, I picked up the bike and decided to have it painted because I had to replace the front fairings, as they were damaged on the left side. The bike was blue and the fairings were black (thank you to Doug Nordin for the fairings). So, off to the paint shop for three weeks. Well, now I have it done and took a ride on it to Bongobob's 4th of July BBQ. I have to thank Earl for all the hours he put in over the winter, working on the bike. The bike runs so smooth, I can't believe it has the same motor in it. Thank you, Earl. You have no idea how happy I am with your work. I am now going to have it pin stripped and then will be finished with it. Also, a big thank you to Rick Butler. Your seat mod is so comfortable, I can now ride for hours. Everyone should have your seat mod done.

Below is a pic of the bike after it was painted.

PS....to Earl: I already have a list of things to do to the bike next winter! Clutch mod and SS lines to start.

Gary:

$1500.00 for all 18 pieces of plastic. I didn't realize how many parts there were until I took them all off. The color is called Pearlessence Purple. It turns from purple to red in the sun, depending on what angle you look at it. It also has metallic red flake in it. Now, read my disaster!! thread up the column a few stories.

Jim

BTW the head wrench works great, steer head bearings were so loose, I could turn the double nuts with my fingers. The wrench fit perfectly. Thanks.