IGNORED

Need a 2ndGen RSV truck rack

(trunk..typo) Went out to wire up the trailer pigtail and do some antena work this morning, and when I removed the trunk to get at the CB I found that the left front bracket was busted off completely. The break was rusted up pretty good so it probably happened before I bought it. Anyway... Anyone have a rack left over from a trike conversion or from a trunk mod?? I can get by for the time being with just the 3 attachment points, but it would be nice to replace the whole rack. BTW its ugly rusted too, or I'd take it down to the muffler shop and have it rewelded....

Hi Jack.

These trunk frames are a little hard to get. Took me four months to find a decent one for my 98 Tour Classic conversion. Had seen some at eBay from Pinwall cycles but most of them were bent and pretty beat up. Finally one was listed that seemed in good shape and I bought it for 165 US$. Turned out to be a nice one. They are around 388 US$ new from Yamaha Parts Nation. Follow up on eBay and you might stumble upon one.

Hi Jack.

These trunk frames are a little hard to get. Took me four months to find a decent one for my 98 Tour Classic conversion. Had seen some at eBay from Pinwall cycles but most of them were bent and pretty beat up. Finally one was listed that seemed in good shape and I bought it for 165 US$. Turned out to be a nice one. They are around 388 US$ new from Yamaha Parts Nation. Follow up on eBay and you might stumble upon one.

I'm finding that out. Started looking, and all I could find were new, with a hefty price tag... I've bought intire ventures for less... So Plan B, getting the thing welded up and then rechromed, will probably happen before Plan A. . Nice winter project... BTW I did see one nice condition used on Ebay for $350 and free shipping from some dealer in Fla... I think. I also googled the part number, and got a ton of hits, so maybe with the RSV being discontinued prices will start coming down because of the glut sitting on the shelves... Even though there hard to find there's not a bunch of folks running around looking for them either.

I also googled the part number, and got a ton of hits, so maybe with the RSV being discontinued prices will start coming down because of the glut sitting on the shelves... Even though there hard to find there's not a bunch of folks running around looking for them either.

True, but I don´t think any dealer has these frames sitting in a shelf. These are most likely shipped straight from Japan by order. I will let you know if I stumble upon one of these frames! :080402gudl_prv:

(trunk..typo) Went out to wire up the trailer pigtail and do some antena work this morning, and when I removed the trunk to get at the CB I found that the left front bracket was busted off completely. The break was rusted up pretty good so it probably happened before I bought it. Anyway... Anyone have a rack left over from a trike conversion or from a trunk mod?? I can get by for the time being with just the 3 attachment points, but it would be nice to replace the whole rack. BTW its ugly rusted too, or I'd take it down to the muffler shop and have it rewelded....

Sent you PM