IGNORED

Cables/Hoses

TheKid

I have been looking and can not find this anywhere on the forum or online. so I will ask.

Is there any difference in the cables and hoses on the venture vs the tour deluxe?

Other than the deluxe are longer to accomadate the taller and more pullback the bars have compared to the venture. Just curious.

BUMP....

Does no one know if there is a difference or not? I would hate to assume because everyone knows what that does. I would think that the cables and hoses are not any different on how they hook up, other than the length of the hoses and cables are long for the tour deluxe.

Can any one prove my hypothesis correct or wrong?

The tour delux and RSV are one in the same basicaly. RSV has a fairing, toru delux doesnt.

All vaccumm hoses are the same since it is the same exact motor. All hook ups and how they lroute through the bike are the same

You speak of extended handle bars on your delux.. If you changed them or if someone else did, then yes I would agree there would be a difference in length but not on how they hook up.

If you have the stock handle bars on your tour delux, then the cables are, as far I know, the same part number same length, and hook up to throttle grip and carbs exactly the same way.

Hope this helps..

Eck

I have been looking and can not find this anywhere on the forum or online. so I will ask.

Is there any difference in the cables and hoses on the venture vs the tour deluxe?

Other than the deluxe are longer to accomadate the taller and more pullback the bars have compared to the venture. Just curious.

Eck,

Thanks. I am not changing anything on a tour deluxe though. I am changing stuff on my RSV. I am going with RSTD bars on my RSV. I ran across a complete set of lines/cables for the RSTD bars. They are the upgraded SS cables that Yamaha has in their catalog (Brand New and stock length for RSTD). The price was perfect at half the cost of msrp with free shipping. I know the RSTD Bars are wider, taller, and more pull-back and these cables are made for these specific bars, so.....

I knew the RSTD is the exact same set up as the RSV minus the trunk and fairing. I just wanted to make sure that Yamaha did not use different banjo bolts or anything crazy like that between the two models.

Thanks for the re-insurance that this should work. :fingers-crossed-emo

The tour delux and RSV are one in the same basicaly. RSV has a fairing, toru delux doesnt.

All vaccumm hoses are the same since it is the same exact motor. All hook ups and how they lroute through the bike are the same

You speak of extended handle bars on your delux.. If you changed them or if someone else did, then yes I would agree there would be a difference in length but not on how they hook up.

If you have the stock handle bars on your tour delux, then the cables are, as far I know, the same part number same length, and hook up to throttle grip and carbs exactly the same way.

Hope this helps..

Eck