IGNORED

Clutch switch - where to get one?

Does anyone know where to get a clutch switch for a MKII?

Mine was broken & rigged by the PO as a fix- I just figured it out after a few years of ownership whilentrying to diagnose a cruise control problem.

I can't find the part number anywhere. Looking at the online microfiches, I am having trouble actually identifying the actual part.

Another idea- By chance does anyone have a spare that they are willing to sell?

Looking at the parts fiche, under the Handle Switch Lever heading, it is part # 18.

18 SWITCH
41V-82917-01-00
1 $60.35 $40.37

This is from PartShark.com

I do not have a spare one.

Hope that helps.

Rick F.

Do check the price at your Yamaha dealer before committing to buying it online. Don't forget to check the cost of shipping as well. I have discovered online purchases are not always less expensive.

There is a clutch switch?

If I grab the clutch while in cruise the engine just red lines, I just do not do that anymore.

There is still 4 other ways to disengage the cruise.

Is the clutch switch supposed to open or close when you pull in the clutch?

Thanks all - this is the info i needed.

:322:

Re: Flyinfool's question - interesting question but I don't know the answer. I think your switch is either defective or has been bypassed. I could test the switch when I replace it to see if it is normally open or closed. I also would have concerns about bypassing it -mostly for safety reasons. Besides not disengaging cruise at speed, I think that if you bypass the switch that you will create some dangerous situations when using the starter when you are in gear.

Edited by safetyguy

I guess I never tried starting it in gear.

From the wiring diagram it looks like there are actually 2 separate switches in the clutch switch, One is normally open and the other is normally closed.

The starter cut out is the NC and the cruise is the NO. The switch is in the Normal position when the clutch lever is pulled.

Dang, now I have another project.

• 1 year later...