IGNORED

I think it time to rebuild the front master and caliper

muaymendez1

About a month ago there was a post about a notchy feeling in the break and clutch and I believed I solved it with a fluid change.

well its back and very annoying. I will hit the brale and its not enough to stop so I squeeze harder and it notches from firm to death grip and makes me really dive. I wonder if my plunger has goulk on it that needs to be cleaned out or if the pistons in the calipers have corrosion.

either way. can someone direct me to a good source for both rebuild kits?

Before you rebuild, have you tried greasing the lever pin, and more inportantly the contact point between the lever and piston?

Just a thought, Scooter Bob

Yeah this. I did this last weekend and it got rid of the notchiness (I had it pretty bad too). The procedure takes about 10 minutes if you are meticulous, less if you hurry.

Tools needed: 10 mm wrench/socket, large tip flat blade screw driver, grease, cleaner, shop towels/rags

Procedure: Remove locking nut (10mm) from bottom of lever hinge. Unscrew pin holding on lever. Clean, lube pin and contact point between lever and master, replace.

And yes, there is a small indentation on the master brake cylinder plunger. It is supposed to be there. I used Moly60 at the contact points and standard wheel bearing grease on the pins. Don't overdo the grease. It will act as a dirt magnet. Wipe off any excess.

Go ride and notch no more.

RR

I did al this guys. Removed the levers pins, bushings and clean off all corosion. Greased. I think I overgreased. It all felt good.

I did get some heavy rain but dont think that washed aything off.

The rubber dust covers are cracked and not covering much.

I can try again to lube and clean

• 1 month later...

I will be having to relube the hinge points again because my front brake is becomming almost useless. Its getting hard to pull and when it does pull it almosts locks up the front wheel.

the front really dives.

This is stressing me because it wasnt this bad until this week and I have a ride planned trhis weekend.