IGNORED

seat nuts

cw1263

tired of trying to get these on and off. Also don't like the idea of riding without them seat seems to lift off when getting off and on, or shifting position. Took a couple of small blocks of nylon and drilled holes in them and threaded them onto studs, finger tight. Aprox. 1/2 x 1/2 x 3/4

tired of trying to get these on and off. Also don't like the idea of riding without them seat seems to lift off when getting off and on, or shifting position. Took a couple of small blocks of nylon and drilled holes in them and threaded them onto studs, finger tight. Aprox. 1/2 x 1/2 x 3/4

Great idea but I find it odd that some folks have such a problem with these. 10mm socket on a small rachet and they're off in about a minute (or 2).

The thing I don't like about this design, is that the bolt is round (that's a revelation ain't it)...but the seat pan bolt holes are OBLONG. This allows the seat to "move" and I can see it even eventually would wear or cut the bolt into two pieces.

What I do is to put a RUBBER (hard rubber) washer on the bolt...and then use Rick Butler's Nylon Nuts to cinch down the seat. For the first few rides...you are constantly tightening the nuts...but EVENTUALLY oblong hole will form a mold of the oblong and keep the seat from moving as much.

Any other ideas out there?

What would be great would be a "washer" with a hole, but also the same pattern as the oblong bolt hole.

The thing I don't like about this design, is that the bolt is round (that's a revelation ain't it)...but the seat pan bolt holes are OBLONG. This allows the seat to "move" and I can see it even eventually would wear or cut the bolt into two pieces.

I think the idea of the oblong holes is that, as you are dropping the seat down, the bolts are a) not exactly perpindicular and b) the rear catch is still not fully seated so will still slide a bit further backwards.

When you cinch the nuts tight, how does the seat slide or move in the oblong hole? (that's not asking for input ... it's more of a wonderment)

Seems there's been a lotta talk about loosing yer nuts on this site... I just wanna know... how long do yer nuts stay on before they fall off??

:smile5:

The secret to check them often.

If loose, screw them in some more.

Gary