IGNORED

riding cut short by cager

KDFranzen

My riding season was cut short last Saturday in Woodstock, Illinois by a 71 yr old cager that didnt see me. The accident happened on Illinois 176 in Woodstock. How he didnt see me is a mystery even to the police. I was heading east and he was heading west. He went to turn left and caught the back end of my Venture which apparently caused me to wabble before launching me into the air and onto the pavement. I do not remember a thing from the night before through the following afternoon. Injuries to me were a broken collar bone, broken rib, bruised lung,7 staples to the right side of my head, severe concussion, bruised hip and a whole lotta road rash. Lucky to be alive as I was not wearing a helmet. Damage to bike is unknown right now. It was towed to a shop today for an estimate. I can only be thankful that I was alone on that ride. Hope to be healed and riding again by the fall. Stay safe and enjoy the summer everyone. I'll catch up with y'all down the road.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to the shop where the bike was towed. Estimate before tearing it down is $8595.88. I can't believe they are going to fix it. I can only guess it's because the bike only has 13,000 miles. Thank you all for the well wishes. I do appreciate them. Ride safe everyone and hopefully we will be back out on her nxt year.

Kevin

Talked to the shop where the bike was towed. Estimate before tearing it down is $8595.88. I can't believe they are going to fix it. I can only guess it's because the bike only has 13,000 miles. Thank you all for the well wishes. I do appreciate them. Ride safe everyone and hopefully we will be back out on her nxt year.

Kevin

How are you doing?

RandyA