I have a set of wing deflectors that came with this bike and have never seen before and was wondering if anybody has seen them on a 84 Venture Royale and where do they mount. Any help would be appreciated on this. Thanks in advance. Al

I have a set of wing deflectors that came with this bike and have never seen before and was wondering if anybody has seen them on a 84 Venture Royale and where do they mount. Any help would be appreciated on this. Thanks in advance. Al

First time I've ever seen that kind of mounting system. Probably designed to fit another type bike. GoldWing?? Maybe an impulse purchase off Ebay without doing any checking. :confused07:

Those are not the ones that fit the 1st gens. They had both top and bottom mounts for the upper wings.

Not saying they couldn't be mounted ...... but as the fairing is a bit thin around that point I'd be concerned about cracking at the mounting points.

I think I has some pics of a upper set around here somewhere. I'll post them when I find them.

Mike

Well I learned my lesson not buy from E-Bay when the add read for a 83-84 Yamaha Venture. That now goes in the box with the other items left over the years of rebuilding bikes, before I know it my garage will be filled of spare parts that when I die my kids will think! what nut collected all this stuff.LOL thanks alot guys for all your imput so far on this project. I love to restore old things but never get attached to anything this way I can't fall in love with just one bike. I will have pic's posted this weekend because it's in the finale stage and should be up and running all together.

By the spacing of the two (very used) mounting holes I would say they are for a Goldwing.

There are two side strips on a GW that the baker wings attach to, and the two attach holes on the GW are about that same spacing but I can only go by the pictures.

If you dont need or want them, send me an email on what you would like for them.

Not sure I can use them but who knows..I have been known to be a little creative....

I will posting all the spare parts that I picked up for this bike as soon as I can get them out of the box's in the garage and what I payed for them. As for the deflectors I will see if I can make a mount for them because they are in nice shape and are unique in the way the work.