IGNORED

saddlesore 1000 witness

The Black Pearl

Well the time has come I am looking at this sat the 2nd of july for my saddlesore ride. I will be leaving Traverse City Mi by 5 am and should reach Crittendon Ky around 2 pm where I will be turning around and heading back to TC. My question, is there anyone around that area that could meet me at the gas station and sign my paperwork for my turn a round witness. It should be about 2 figure I could text whoever from my last stop to give you about a 2 hour notice. Please let me know asap and thanks in advance

I thought all you needed was the name and signature of anyone. You could go to a gas station at your "mid-point" and get someone there to sign your receipt for gas (confirming your bike plate). Even a good idea to get a photograph. Do the same thing at the start of your trip and also when you return. That way you document the trip.

Write down your odometer reading on each receipt and make sure the date/time is legible.

Guest Swifty
I thought all you needed was the name and signature of anyone. You could go to a gas station at your "mid-point" and get someone there to sign your receipt for gas (confirming your bike plate). Even a good idea to get a photograph. Do the same thing at the start of your trip and also when you return. That way you document the trip.

Write down your odometer reading on each receipt and make sure the date/time is legible.

All I submitted were receipts...no pics, no signatures. It could be different with a 2-way run, than a circumnavigated route...don't know off hand.

5 of us from wisc just did our ride to Mitchell SD for lunch and back, pictures , receipts and a signature in the begining and half way and at the end is what we did...... have a safe trip and enjoy:080402gudl_prv:

That's correct just thought having a member witness gives me a chance to meet someone new I have my start and end witnesses all set just needed that mid point one. Thanks guys

Hey Black Pearl,

Let me know if you get in a pinch, I live north of Cincy, but would ride down there and witness for you if you can find anyone from around there.

513-305-6247 or email wla160@yahoo.com.

Well got it done! After some construction in Dayton and a crazy storm near Detroit 1100 miles in about 20 hours oh and don't forget the 35 mins with the cop near grayling lol but all in all great trip thanks so much again Wayne !!!!

Well the time has come I am looking at this sat the 2nd of july for my saddlesore ride. I will be leaving Traverse City Mi by 5 am and should reach Crittendon Ky around 2 pm where I will be turning around and heading back to TC. My question, is there anyone around that area that could meet me at the gas station and sign my paperwork for my turn a round witness. It should be about 2 figure I could text whoever from my last stop to give you about a 2 hour notice. Please let me know asap and thanks in advance

You do not need a "turn-around" witness.

You need a start and finish witness and a receipt from the turn around. Receipt needs City, date and time plus gas or other purchase on it.

Good luck, and have fun. Mine was crazy :)

You do not need a "turn-around" witness.

You need a start and finish witness and a receipt from the turn around. Receipt needs City, date and time plus gas or other purchase on it.

Good luck, and have fun. Mine was crazy :)

I have heard from many the more witnesses and documention you send in the faster you get certified and get your stuff back, how long did it take to get your things from them?

I have heard from many the more witnesses and documention you send in the faster you get certified and get your stuff back, how long did it take to get your things from them?

Well I was expecting to wait months.

It took two weeks from mailing the stuff in to my Cert. pack arriving here.

It was well documented and I submitted rather more than they require. I addition to all the receipts and gas log I sent an SD Card with all the photos, a GPS Track Log and a 5000 word written report.

lol ... I sent so much they asked if they could print the report in the Iron Butt Magazine.

I wasn't leaving anything to chance!

However .... The process involves a volunteer actually sitting down with the information, and plotting your route in software. They then check that the receipts and all mileages tally.

It's not a long process, but it's thorough and they can only do so many at a time. In March they probably weren't getting too many submissions, so someone got to it quickly, and it was a complete pack. The route was complicated though.

Here have a read:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=669111