IGNORED

Ghost Rider Video

GigaWhiskey

That's pretty wild! There is some serious lane splitting going on there.

I like the end of this one; it's only 48 seconds long:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvmvb_7sbXo]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

So let me get this straight; This idiot is risking his own life as well as the lives of others around him and running from the cops and y'all think that it is "cool"? What is wrong with you?

I agree. Part of me wants to see this ass clown goes head first over a guardrail.

A minister told me one time that there is an angel riding with me when I go out in my car, one on each corner, ( according to angel literature there are lots to go around). Now they stay there, and help protect me, as long as I stayed within the law. If I started breaking the law, then they would get off and I would be on my own. Seems reasonable to me, but that raises the question, why the visit to the alter when you know you're going to do wrong? Doesn't all tie in, in my mind.

Can he ride? I suppose so, it was all calculated risk, anyone could do that if he\she had the guts, thing is some of us see too much risk and enjoy other things in life too much and don't want to loose them so we won't risk it. Will some other young bucks try what he did \ does. You bet they will and maybe not have the luck, energy, calculations, or the guts to end up with the rubber down. One tiny bit out, one little bit too slow, just a wee bit too soon and he's dead meat.

I enjoyed the video from an "entertainment" perspective, possibly. BUT, I have serious issues with clips like this - whether they are cars or motorcycles - appearing on such venues television/YouTube, whatever. Look at a car ad that shows a vehicle flipping a 180 perfectly into a parking space, for example. People see any of this type of (in my opinion) ridiculous behavior - and believe they can do it themselves.

Here in the Bay Area - and I am sure in other parts of the country - we have our fair share of motorcyclists who ride close to the "idiot" in the video - though they don't have half the "skill" that person does. And we wonder sometimes, why there are so many m/c deaths/accidents, and why sometimes motorcycle riders have a bad rap. I am not sure how one would do this with the same "effect", but I wish scenes like this would at least be "staged" on a closed race course - with more emphasis shown on awareness and safety while operating any type of motor vehicles as public service announcements, ads, etc. Just my two cents - sorry if I vented.

Stupidity at its worst. And this being on YouTube will encourage how many young bikers to try the same thing....and crash . Really sad.............:(

there is a time and place for everything it may have been the time but not the place absolutely "stupidity at its worst"

I do not actually approve of what he does but I do enjoy the entertainment value and the many different camera angles along with the locations of the cameras.

It was put together well, imho and not some home looking videos linked together (many are out there). As I said in my original post, he makes some good videos. It can keep you watching instead of just clicking off because it looks like the same ole thing over and over again.

It seems like some of you got the idea of my post and some did not.

I do not actually approve of what he does but I do enjoy the entertainment value and the many different camera angles along with the locations of the cameras.

It was put together well, imho and not some home looking videos linked together (many are out there). As I said in my original post, he makes some good videos. It can keep you watching instead of just clicking off because it looks like the same ole thing over and over again.

GigaWhiskey,

I don't think anyone is deriding you for it. What I see is a posting that may encourage other young people to try and emulate. I see him risking dozens if not hundreds of people with stunts like these. I sometimes wish there wasn't a medium such as the internet where things like this would never be shown.

Two young riders lost their lives emulating him this summer. The first ended up hanging out of the back of a truck he hit at 100+ mph. When interviewed on TV news, his buddy said there was nothing wrong with riding fast on crowded highways, bad things happen, and there was nothing we could do to him that would make him stop. A few days later, he died within a mile on the same road, pulling the same tricks.

This is stuff that you do on a track, and not a public road. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it.

Guest Ken8143

It scared me to death when I saw it, but I agree it was nicely put together. I don't want to ride like that! and don't want to ride with anyone who rides like that, but dang, what sequence!

• 2 months later...

I've seen a lot of his stuff. Admittedly the guy has skill, but what a jerk...He'll pull up right in front of the police station and smoke the rear tire just to tick 'em off good so they'll come after him. Don't ya know he gives his folks nightmares! But according to one of the little vids, the cops arrested him and confiscated the bike.....Got him while he was giving an interview bragging about his exploits.

autopilot

So let me get this straight; This idiot is risking his own life as well as the lives of others around him and running from the cops and y'all think that it is "cool"? What is wrong with you?

WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY.

I hope he's getting friendly with BUBBA in his nice SMALL cell.

Guest Saddletramp

There should be a certain level of responsbility placed upon the shoulders of those who publish this display of irresponsibilty. As was previously mentioned, how many self declared speed riders will be hurt or even killed trying to emulate this fool. The general public as well as several of our own community have little or no respect for the "sport bike rider" simply due to displays such as this. I have noticed that a magizine published by a national american motorcycle group seem to embrace the articles surrounding sport bikes and as a general rule the top end of this type of bike is lauded in most of these articles. Hmm, why do you feel the way you do about sport bikes????

When this guy finally crashes and burns his friends and fans will post eulogies telling us how nice he was and how he never meant to harm anyone etc. etc.

My hope is the a$$hole doesn't take some innocent bystander with him when he finally spreads himself and his bike all over a couple hundred feet of real estate.

Sorry,:2143: he didn't make it. 120 MPH, couldn't stop in time. Speed claims lives every single day. The thrill is not the problem, just the location that they choose to display their talent. Just keep it off our roads and on the track. If not, suffer the consequences of your actions.

Eventually this guy will come to a “Stop” just ask this fellow (that’s if he can still talk)…