IGNORED

Sea Foam Question

csogbk

I picked up a bottle of Sea Foam at Wally World. It says auto and marine, gas and diesel. Is the right stuff? It's a 20oz metal "bottle" do I use a full half or should I use less on my 09 RSV? Thanks everyone!

when using it in a 2 stroke /aka 2 cycle engine, you want to be sure to put it in place of gasoline before you add your mix oil, or you will be screwing up your math on your mixture...ya know what i'm sayin?? don't want to thin out the mixture!!

yes i have used it for years in 2 cycle engines.

UH-OH - My Johnson outboard has it's own oil tank with a pump, so the oil and gas is not mixed until it reaches somewhere in the motor. The gas is a 12 gallon separate tank, so I guess I would just add seafoam as per recommended ratio ?

The lawn boy mower mixes, and I only mix 2 1/2 gallons at a time so a few drops is probably going to handle that. It's been hard starting lately so something is amiss, not the plug, I changed that.

if you add it to the fuel, it doesnt matter about the ratio.... it's the products that you mix yourself, that are at risk... why?? because if you add the seafoam after you have the propper mixture, the seafoam will be just like adding more gas to the mix... thus dillutting the mixture

understand what you are saying but I can't sort out the difference between putting 1/2 oz seafoam in 2 1/2 gals of gas and doing the same thing to 2 1/2 gals of gas and with 8 oz. of oil already in it.

It's STILL 1/2 oz of seafoam no matter when you put it in.

is it that the seafoam will 'cut' the oil after the oil is already in the gas and not cut it by putting it in before the oil ? :think:

It'll be pretty difficult to mess up the outboard, it's got it's own gas tank. :happy34:

This is getting waaaaay too complicated - probably should bite the bullet and go to a 4 stroke lawn mower, it's just that those old 2 strokes are really reliable - (sometimes :bang head:)

you will never damage that engine from too much oil in the mix, just foul a few plugs... your mix is too heavy with oil---thats still safest mix.. however if you thin out the oil too much, it will burn up the piston/rings

mike

you will never damage that engine from too much oil in the mix, just foul a few plugs... your mix is too heavy with oil---thats still safest mix.. however if you thin out the oil too much, it will burn up the piston/rings

mike

Thanks Mike - would you suggest just leaving the lawn boy as it is but check my oil ratio a little closer ?