IGNORED

Staying in a hotel..............

DragonRider

I'm in yet another hotel as I type this. I have also come down with a bad cold. Wonder why? :confused24:

I guess we need to send you a nurse Don.:whistling: Can't have you getting sick now.

I even know of a nurse that would be happy to make a house call. She could even bring her whip. Oppps was that too big a hint.:big-grin-emoticon:

Margaret

Are you and your family traveling this holiday season and staying in a hotel, well you better watch this...........you might change your mind.

http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?token=a7f_1194813218

hey lewis ,see if you can put eureka springs on your calender this year.it is some awesome riding and a beautiful sightseeing area.would love to get your group up this way.bill :2133:

I stayed in a motel room once with 'clean linen', and found a bloodied (moist) band aid - apparently off a toe - between the sheets at the foot of the bed. Didn't I raise merry hell with the management. Made them pay for alternate accommodation at a 4 star across the road - or I was gonna sue BIG time.

That was sure an eye opener! :scared: Unfortunately I heading to Harrisaburg next week for a week of training for a new job and will be in aBesy Western the company uses. I guess I'm being taking my own cups, sheets and disinfectant.

I'm sure there are people here that spend a lot of time in Motels than I do, including Freebird. I probably spend 20 to 30 nights a year in Motels but I very rarely stay in one that I think is very clean including bed sheets.

I usually stay in the Choice chain of Motels but last year when I was traveling from New Hampshire to Georgia I stayed in a Hotel from Hell.

Absolutely the worst I have ever stayed at. If it had not been so late at night I would have kept going. I slept on top the bed with my clothes on. It was so dirty I didn't even want to take a shower there.

I wrote to the chain but all that got me was a form letter telling me their Motels were all privately owned and they had limited control over them.

Makes you want to buy a tent.

Jerry

Beware all overnight stays anywhere! One of the motels we stayed in this summer had broken glass on the bathroom floor. We both had taken showers already. The wife stepped on a sliver of glass later that night. I began looking hard at the floor after that and there were several pieces there which were very hard to see. Needless to say I b--ched like h--l the next day. What did I get? A free stay anywhere in the USA at this chain. YEA, like thats gonna happen! We wouldn't have stayed there except we had been turned away at the other motels {Full up yeah right}. Like h--l, we looked at the motels in the morning, just about empty. From now on peel the biker cloths and hide the bike. Just to give a heads up the motel had a 6 in the name.:sign isnt that spec:2cents::D

We wouldn't have stayed there except we had been turned away at the other motels {Full up yeah right}. Like h--l, we looked at the motels in the morning, just about empty. From now on peel the biker cloths and hide the bike. Just to give a heads up the motel had a 6 in the name.:sign isnt that spec:2cents::D

Since you'll never use it, you can send me the voucher... if Motel 6 is the chain you're refering to...... Good thing it wasn't the one in Fort Collins....:rotf:

I do not want to make this worse, but there is also a problem of a very common pest known as the bed bug. These cause infestations especially on mattresses in hotels.

http://hotels.about.com/od/hotelsecrets/a/bed_bugs.htm

Read and enjoy.

Peggy

Eat garlic. I lived in South America for 2 years traveling and in poor neighborhoods as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I could not have possibly inspected for or eliminated all the insects that were everywhere. Solution: I made garlic a regular part of my diet. Insects in any bed I slept in not only would not bite me but actually made their best attempt to get out of the bed.

Garlic works (and I like the taste)

Iowa Guy

Eat garlic. I lived in South America for 2 years traveling and in poor neighborhoods as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I could not have possibly inspected for or eliminated all the insects that were everywhere. Solution: I made garlic a regular part of my diet. Insects in any bed I slept in not only would not bite me but actually made their best attempt to get out of the bed.

Garlic works (and I like the taste)

Iowa Guy

I'd bet NOTHING bothered ya....even humans!

:sign20: :sign just kidding:

Eat garlic. I lived in South America for 2 years traveling and in poor neighborhoods as a Peace Corps Volunteer. Insects in any bed I slept in not only would not bite me but actually made their best attempt to get out of the bed. Garlic works (and I like the taste)

Iowa Guy

Must have been a tough life being celibate, but you -were- safe from ware-wolves.....:rotf: