IGNORED

rolling thunder

w.steve wells

I had the pleasure and HONOR to meet him and shake his hand 2 years ago in DC immediately following the parade.

Somehow we got herded into the field right beside him. We still had well over an hour of parading bikes before it ended and he never moved, he droopped once or twice but never failed

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Edited by Hummingbird

I love that man, and I love what he stands for and the lesson he is teaching so many thousands of Americans each and every year at RT. That no sacrifice is too great in making sure our veterans, wounded warriors, those killed in action or those missing in action are never forgotten. I was there this year and got this picture as I rode past him. I gave him an "ouuu-rahh" shout, and got one back immediately in return. I'll never forget it.

See you next year Marine!

• 2 weeks later...

Try this link for a very moving view of SSgt. Tim Chambers' annual tribute at Rolling Thunder XXIV...his wrist should have been in a cast, but this would have made it impossible for him to salute...you can see he was in a great deal of pain, making his extraordinary gesture even more meaningful for all those suffering from wounds both visible and invisible...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/user/mag12chulai#p/u/0/shBJyYfG7O8]YouTube - ‪mag12chulai's Channel‬‏[/ame]