IGNORED

Fatal Crash

KarlS

The article does not say exactly what happened, but judging from the shape of the dent in the front of the P/U and the leaning telephone pole, it was the pole that flipped the truck, not the bike. Can't tell from the pics where or from what direction the bike hit the P/U.

The article does not say exactly what happened, but judging from the shape of the dent in the front of the P/U and the leaning telephone pole, it was the pole that flipped the truck, not the bike. Can't tell from the pics where or from what direction the bike hit the P/U.

On the news it said the impact flipped the truck. The link for the story from the noon news isn't available yet.

Pickups are easy to roll over. Saw one roll over on the freeway just from turning to hard trying to avoid someone changing lanes into them.

Could have been the drive tried evasive maneuvers and the impact just helped push it over. Turning left in front of the rider, all kinds of things could have caused it but the one thing for sure is the other riders said she was going FAST. Wrong thing to do...

Edited by BuddyRich

2 years ago, on a poker run, I saw 2 Yamaha sport bikes racing to the next bar go wide on a corner and head on into a small import with 4 girls in it. Flipped the car. I feel for the girls, the nightmares they will have to live with for the rest of their lives.

2 years ago, on a poker run, I saw 2 Yamaha sport bikes racing to the next bar go wide on a corner and head on into a small import with 4 girls in it. Flipped the car. I feel for the girls, the nightmares they will have to live with for the rest of their lives.

How do you know they were racing to the next bar? Cruiser riders are the only ones I know that seem to think a good ride is going 5 miles down the road to a bar.

So sad..That poor child.

I do notice around here if it's a Harley they never mention the bike but they go out of their way to mention it's an import/racing/sportbike, like they are evil. I notice she was riding a Honda racing bike?? Here most accidents involve HD and the story starts with "they were leaving the bar". Had one a while back that hit a parked car at 60mph or so.

This is why I prefer to ride alone and refuse to go on poker runs. I do like to go fast but I keep that stuff on straight empty country roads.

Ride safe everyone.

Frank

How do you know they were racing to the next bar? Cruiser riders are the only ones I know that seem to think a good ride is going 5 miles down the road to a bar.

I knew both of them. They were both wing nuts from George AFB, best buddies.

Here is a followup to the story. The motorcycle rear ended the truck sending it into the pole then the truck overturned.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2011/06/police_identify_woman_killed_i_1.html

The road was still closed at 5:00 am when I went to work. Talked to the guys at Ryder and they said it happened before they had left last night. One mechanic said the bike was traveling in excess of 100 mph and she went through the trucks back window and out through the front, they were at the scene as it happened about 50' from Ryder property. The truck was still on its side when I left the yard.

Very very sad thing, they were haveing bike night at the bar down the road but I don't know if that was a factor.

"Makes me wonder if the throttle somehow jammed wide open? "

Thats what the kill switch and clutch lever are for. if your throttle is stuck wide open, squeeze the clutch in - the engine is gonna rev so you just flip the kill switch and coast to a stop. Even if you forget to kill the engine, I believe the rev limiter will save the engine...

If your engine seizes up the clutch lever will free up your rear wheel so that you can coast and not slide to a stop...

Man that brings back memmories....:Avatars_Gee_George:

Rember the decompression levers for the second spark plug hole in a dirt bike?

Rap-ba-pa-bap-ah-pa...

Pickups are easy to roll over. Saw one roll over on the freeway just from turning to hard trying to avoid someone changing lanes into them.

Could have been the drive tried evasive maneuvers and the impact just helped push it over. Turning left in front of the rider, all kinds of things could have caused it but the one thing for sure is the other riders said she was going FAST. Wrong thing to do...

Yes pickups flip easy high center of gravity and most of the weight on one end make them unstable.

"Makes me wonder if the throttle somehow jammed wide open? "

Thats what the kill switch and clutch lever are for. if your throttle is stuck wide open, squeeze the clutch in - the engine is gonna rev so you just flip the kill switch and coast to a stop. ...

yep. But you have to do it in time.

The road was still closed at 5:00 am when I went to work. Talked to the guys at Ryder and they said it happened before they had left last night. One mechanic said the bike was traveling in excess of 100 mph and she went through the trucks back window and out through the front, they were at the scene as it happened about 50' from Ryder property. The truck was still on its side when I left the yard.

Very very sad thing, they were haveing bike night at the bar down the road but I don't know if that was a factor.

Went up to Racers today and they said she had just left bike night. Was a brand new bike she had just bought. She had been riding for years but was her first crouch rocket. No one remembers if she was drinking alcohol of not. A sad ending to a foolish stunt. RIP.