IGNORED

MR Gasket fuel pump

Are you talking about the electrical connector? My Mr. Gasket came with bare wires. I cut off the old electrical connector and spliced them in.

I note that the new Mr. Gasket pump had a different configuration than the old. The old one was pretty easy to make work, but the new one had two fixed nipples, if I recall correctly.

Have fun!

Dave

thanks Dave i havnt bought it yet picking it up friday i just assumed it had a plug on it. do you know what color wire goes to which side?

I'm not Dave, but I just did this a week or so ago on my 06 RSV. The blue wire should be spliced to the red wire and black to black.:080402gudl_prv:

Ideally, you need a barbed union to extend the formed fuel hose from the fuel filter to the pump intake. The pump intake is where you'll use the the brass fittings.

I didn't have a barbed union so I relocated my fuel filter and used a few inches of "new" fuel hose. This made putting the side cover back on very difficult which is why I recommend the barbed union.

Here's a link to a post made by "Ponch" that has nice photos. These photos were invaluable to me: http://venturerider.org/forum/showth...ump#post381479

:080402gudl_prv:

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/dawarren77377/Bike%20shots/DSCF3264.jpg

If you can still find the pump without the barbed nipple on each end, buy a 45° & 90° brass fitting like above. If all you can find is the dual nippled pump, most auto supply stores sell 90° rubber ends you can splice to the fuel line extention to accomplish the same thing.