IGNORED

Speaker

Bubber

I have been looking at old posts about speakers and back a few years ago everyone was going to the Polk DB401 speakers.

Now that time has passed how are the speakers holding up and would you still recommend the same speakers?

I have been thinking of putting some speakers in that I can actually hear.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wally, if you won't tell Bubber, I'll PM ya when there's a response. We don't want to upset him any, you know how them old guy's are :whistling:.

Crotchety???

Hey let get back to the subject of the post , can we??????? :buttkick:

There are differences of opinion on this issue. I've tried the Pioneers and the Polks. I still have the Polk speakers installed. I think that they are better than stock but unless your stock speakers are blown, not THAT much better. I decided long ago that we are just not going to get fantastic sound out of these little 4" speakers. I messed with it too long and even tried adding a small amp but nothing really made them sound great. I too liked listening to the stereo through the outside speakers but after buying the Edset headsets, I was finally pleased with the sound through the headsets and gave up on improving the external speaker system.

Hey Bubber!

Maybe you should consider a second Venturerider account using a different screen name so you can get answers to your questions instead of comments on your age and abilities, or lack thereof...:whistling::rotf::rotf::rotf:

We still have the stock speakers in our RSV. We bought the J&M head-sets when we got the bike and thus use the head-set speakers almost exclusively.

Back in the 80's I used a cheap 100-watt amplifier through two equally cheap 4-inch speakers on my XS-1100 Venture and it worked well enough for me. It was certainly better than no tunes or a boom box bungee corded to the tank, but I can't claim it was good quality audio. BTW, don't bungee cord a boom box to the tank of a Harley unless you want a rattling box of non-working parts after a couple hours of riding. Don't ask me how I know this...:whistling:

Hey Bubber!

Maybe you should consider a second Venturerider account using a different screen name so you can get answers to your questions instead of comments on your age and abilities, or lack thereof...:whistling::rotf::rotf::rotf:

We still have the stock speakers in our RSV. We bought the J&M head-sets when we got the bike and thus use the head-set speakers almost exclusively.

Back in the 80's I used a cheap 100-watt amplifier through two equally cheap 4-inch speakers on my XS-1100 Venture and it worked well enough for me. It was certainly better than no tunes or a boom box bungee corded to the tank, but I can't claim it was good quality audio. BTW, don't bungee cord a boom box to the tank of a Harley unless you want a rattling box of non-working parts after a couple hours of riding. Don't ask me how I know this...:whistling:

We still talking about the boombox?

You guys may want to check out this link for speakers: NEW Boss CH4220 4-Inch 2-Way CAR Speakers Pair FastShip on eBay!

OB-1 is not responsible for the results of using the link listed above unless the results are good to great and then OB-1 will gladly accept all credit and praise.:whistling:

Bad results, if any, are always Bubber's fault...:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf:

:080402gudl_prv::fingers-crossed-emo:080402gudl_prv:

It does look like some of these OTHER speakers would work...

http://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/speakers_auto.html#&nvpair=FFCategory|[rank399]Car+Speakers&nvpair=FFSubcategory|[rank51200]4%22+Speakers&o=l

I had good luck with Boston Acoustics in the past as I used a set on my '84 and was happy with the results. I noticed this set on Crutchfield and how it has a lower RMS which would be good for the stock amp on the bike.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_065S45/Boston-Acoustics-S45.html?search=4+inch+speakers

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair to install on a 1st or 2nd gen... :2cents: