IGNORED

Mini Carb Float adj. Day SE Texas

We are having a Mini Carb Float adj / Carb Clean Clinic, Instructed by VRO`s own " Ponch"

June 18th @ 0900

This will be held at Kregerdoodles house.

18222 Blinka Rd.

Waller Texas

You will need to bring your Carb cleaner, and hand tools, I do have tools, just not sure if I have enough to go around.

Please RSVP as I may through some grub on the pit..

Hope to see ya`ll here, and want to thank Ponch for his time and expertise.

Kreg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't be there - unfortunately I don't think I will be able to leave Phoenix in time.

But I do have a couple of suggestions - When you buy spray carb cleaner - stick with Gumout brand - it has shown the least amount of problems ruining rubber parts for me. And DO absolutely bring at least one big can! If your left rear carb shows a noticeable amount of grunge on the outside as most do, you will use most of the can just cleaning off the outside of the carbs before you want to open them (spray down, wait a few minutes, then blast with compressed air, repeat). I like to do this in a big metal drawer from an old refrigerator 'cause you will have a lot of oily gunk left, but a wash tub or trash can will work nicely too. Try to avoid too much spray on the taped up wires - it will eat the tape.

When you have the carbs open, I suggest you ALWAYS remove the pilot jets and soak them in a bit of spray cleaner in a little cup while you are setting the floats, then blow them out with compressed air. You can tell if they are perfectly clean by looking through them to a bright light - the tinny hole should look PERFECTLY round - if you even think it might not be a perfectly round spot of light, trust me, it is NOT clean; soak and blow some more. I didn't always do this in the past, but frankly, with today's gas, many many pilot jets are partially clogged even if you think all is running fine. And since you already have the carbs open on the bench, it just makes sense. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Now I like the way your thinkin!! LOL if ya want to come over friday thats cool, we could get them pretty much apart, then Mr. Ponch can start his Schoolin when he gets here and we wont waist alot of time. We can discuss the pulled pork later in the week, after we see how many folks we will have show up. I`ll give ya a call and we can hammer that out.

Kreg

Yeah I would like to get mine adjusted if I could. Could bring it over the night before if necessary.

Let me know and I can bring my bar b que pit and make pulled pork tacos for lunch.

Hal :fingers-crossed-emo

ok it will be good to see ya'll again. count cathie & i in, don't need any wrenchin done at this time.( ? ) will be riding the trike haven't drove it anywhere in a while. cathie said someting about some banna pudding but i can't find that container she used last time. kreg ask janet if i left it there last time.

reguards

don c.

Wish I had a trailer, because I could bring my old Suzuki, Suzie, and let the carb kings figure out how to clean her's. I need to clean her up and get her gone so that momma doesn't need to worry about her: we're probably moving soon. :happy65:

Dave

PS - I might have some tires drop shipped, just so I can get a chuckle watching Kreg try to get the E3s off the rims. SO entertaining the last time! :rotfl:

Dave, I can drag the trailer over and pick Suzie up if ya want. as far as the tires go get them shipped, Think we`ll watch the Squid man fight with this set!! LOL Let me know about picking up the bike, I can come over any day after work. No problems...

K

Wish I had a trailer, because I could bring my old Suzuki, Suzie, and let the carb kings figure out how to clean her's. I need to clean her up and get her gone so that momma doesn't need to worry about her: we're probably moving soon. :happy65:

Dave

PS - I might have some tires drop shipped, just so I can get a chuckle watching Kreg try to get the E3s off the rims. SO entertaining the last time! :rotfl:

Don, we may have it, there are several mystery containers from MD, but I would have no Idea what was what....I do have the "Official IceCream Cooler" though..

It will great to see ya`ll... I`m sure we can find something on that Trike to tear apart..:smile5:

Kreg

ok it will be good to see ya'll again. count cathie & i in, don't need any wrenchin done at this time.( ? ) will be riding the trike haven't drove it anywhere in a while. cathie said someting about some banna pudding but i can't find that container she used last time. kreg ask janet if i left it there last time.

reguards

don c.

Don, just checked with Janet and we do not have the Banana Bowl...she said Cathy left with it from MD, so I don`t know....:confused07:

Don, we may have it, there are several mystery containers from MD, but I would have no Idea what was what....I do have the "Official IceCream Cooler" though..

It will great to see ya`ll... I`m sure we can find something on that Trike to tear apart..:smile5:

Kreg

Can't make it until after noon. I gotta work that morning so I guess I'm going to miss this one. Glad I live near Ponch cause I know iffn I needed it he would show me too. Maybe at a later MD he can give another Carbs for Dummies demo. Lots of us fill that description.

All of you have yourself a great time and drink a beer for me.

James

Well come on over.... myself and Hal are going to start the tear down friday night.. there probably will be a Valve adj. Day some time in the future, we just had one about 2 months ago, but there are a few of us locals that still need to check things out. Hope you can make it.

Kreg

Hmmmm, if this were a valve check/adjustment day, I'd be there for sure! :stickpoke::stickpoke:

Although I sure would like to check my floats and clean the carbs as I am sure I am due for it...

Well come on over.... myself and Hal are going to start the tear down friday night.. there probably will be a Valve adj. Day some time in the future, we just had one about 2 months ago, but there are a few of us locals that still need to check things out. Hope you can make it.

Kreg

It is rather unlikely that I'll be able to make it this weekend but I'll give you a heads up if things change and I can. As for the recent adjustment day, I don't know how I missed that one... :think:

Perry, down in Alvin had a get together where we adj. his and did his carbs, then at the SE Tex MD I hold every year at the end of March we did one and a carb adj also.., After the Int.rally and if it cools down a bit, I am sure there will be something going on around here, or have something in Lubbuck... people will show up, I have never been out there, I havn`t even made it up to Jerry`s yet for the MD he puts on.. but some day I hope..

K

It is rather unlikely that I'll be able to make it this weekend but I'll give you a heads up if things change and I can. As for the recent adjustment day, I don't know how I missed that one... :think:

Wish we could make it. Mollie & I are riding over to Lake Charles to visit with some old NASA friends and do some fishing/drinking. If plans change, will come, watch and learn. Ponch did a great job on my carb adj back in Feb. Would like to see the master at work again.