IGNORED

What's the deal ???

fixit3546

There's a section of the forum that is for ride in/event planners only. If you go to the forums tab, you'll see that group of forums at the bottom of the list.

If you are looking at "New Posts" or "Active Threads" posts to these forums will show up on the list. Otherwise, if you navigate through the forums listed, you'll never see the links to these posts.

Lets those members who wanna work do so without the noise from those of us who just wanna moan & groan.

Hey cmiles3,

I had the same question. I don't know why someone would show a post to the public and then not let you in but I didn't moan and groan. If they want to communicate with each other why don't they do it some other way. I didn't think this web site was for private communicating. But I don't care. The only moaning and groaning I hear is from you. Eddie Hall

Sorry, I guess the "moan & groan" comment was misunderstood- maybe I should have inserted a smiley :) Better?

We all moan & groan; we all have something to say or complain about or we wouldn't be here. If we didn't like what everyone else was saying, we'd stop showing up.

Not being a moderator nor an event organizer, I've stumbled across these password protected messages a few times and wondered "what's up with that?" When I looked at the forums list, the light bulb went on.

For the event organizers, they need a place to catch up quick when they've got a few minutes to spare, so the moderators set up the folders for them. This prevents the organizers from having to wade through lots of posts that don't have the info they need to find the few that do. Several of the members' forums pertaining to events generate dozens of posts; imagine trying to find the one post with the phone numbers you need when it's 5 minutes to closing and you have to contact a dozen vendors. That's why we can't intrude; we all have something to say and frequently do so.

Folks...I'll TRY to shed some light on this and hopefully put an end to any debate. That section of the forum is for the organizers to exchange thought and ideas without the posts getting lost on the general board. It is a good way for them to communicate. They could do it by email but then somebody hits the reply button in their email instead of the reply all button and then somebody doesn't see all the answers and the emails get accidentally deleted and many other things. A place on the forum is a great way for them to discuss it.

The original post in this thread was a valid honest question. Fixit saw an issue and asked a question. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. He got his answer and that should have been enough. Why does it need to be a debate?

The general forum is a place for public communication. We have no hidden "members only" areas because if you can post here, you are a member. There are no deep dark secrets. That area is a convenience for those in the area of the rally who are working hard to make it a fun and successful event for all who can make it. They deserve our thanks, nothing more.

That being said, I will look tonight and try to figure out some custom programming so that any threads posted to that area do not show up in the new posts list. I don't know how complicated it will be but I will do what I can to make sure that there is no trace of those posts to anybody who is not working on the event and has access to that area.

boomer, the CHEESE KAKE has been taken care of and it was goo.........uh..........spoiled so i threw it out, yea, that's the ticket, i threw it out.

Thanks for explainin this about the locked threads. I think that's a really good idea.

I do appologise if my question caused any hard feelings. It wasn't my intention at all to get a debate started.

cmiles3; thanks for the info, guess i should look around on here a little more.

Don, don't make any changes on my behalf. I know i'm important and all; but i can look over those posts with the greatest of ease..............Maybe if they could have a "password protected" note or something so we could identify them before trying to openin them would be nice instead of trying to hide them.

Hey..no problem. I THINK I've got it set now so that posts in that area do not show up on the home page under Active Discussions NOR in the "New Posts" or "Today's Posts". Hopefully this will help end any confusion.

It wasn't just you. I've had several people ask. So you see, you are NOT so special after all. :)

Guest BluesLover
Sounds good to me.....Uhhhhh.....directions would help. There's a lotta Don's in de phone book......:rotf:
Look up Freebird in the phonebook ... can't be toooo many of them ... especially the ones in Oberlin, OH ... :cool10::080402gudl_prv:...

Either that, or watch for the thread that invites people to Maintenance Day on June 7, 2008 ... :whistling:

Cheers,